cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP Sort Profile Customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a doubt regarding BOP Sort Profile Customizing. Could you please help me regarding this?

Scenario:

I have 4 Locations L1, L2, L3, and L4. L1 is the highest priority. L2, L3, and L4 are of equal priority.

When a BOP run is being performed, it should happen first for the Sales Orders in Location L1 first. After this, it has to be performed in L2,L3, and L4.

To achieve this, in my Sort Profile, for the criteria of Location, I am setting up a Special Sorting for "Location" in the below way:

Item No        Location

10                L1

20                L2

20                L3

20                L4

But the above is not possible as duplicate entries are not allowed in Special Sorting.

Could you please let me know if the above sequence be achieved through a User Exit?

Thanks in advance for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Please enter three locations together with comma at Sl. No 20. System will accept it

Item No   Location

10                L1

20                L2, L2, L3

Do not create multiple line no as 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiwanshu,

Thanks for the help. I tried the above sequence and it didn't generate an error. I am now facing a new issue. Could you please help me?

For defining the above sequence, I want to use the field as "MRP Area". But, no "MRP Area" field is available. Could you please let me know if there is a way to enhance this field or is it possible to use Standard SAP?

Thanks in advance for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Usually in SAP APO, the MRP areas are CIFed across in the Location field ( Plant ). The only difference is that the location type for Plant and Location type for MRP area differs as shown below.

MRP Area         uses the location type  - 1007

Location / Plant uses the location type - 1001.

Following is the information for similar mapping for other entities that uses the location field in SAP APO. You can confirm the same by configuring a MRP area in SAP APO ( /SAPAPO/LOC3 t-code) with the above mentioned location type. So, your BOP should be able to respect the same as location field is already available.

1001Production Plant
1002Distribution Center
1003Shipping Point
1005Transportation Zone
1006Stock Transfer Point
1007Storage Location MRP Area
1010Customer
1011Vendor
1050Subcontractor
1020Transportation Service Provider
1030Terminal
1031Geographical Area
1040Store

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

SCM APO Consultant

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth

This is standard SAP.  The MRP area becomes another location with type 1007.

For example, my plants is L1 and my MRP areas are 1100 and 1200.

After you send the MRP areas to APO you have three locations:

L1                    Location Type 1001 0r 1002

L1_1100            Location Type 1007

L1_1200           Location Type 1007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu, Michael,

In my current environment, "MRP Area" and "Location" are being used separately. In the filter Variant, we have these 2 fields separately and these are not one and the same.

I tried with the option of "Location" in the Filter Variant. But, when entering the values of "MRP Area" for "Location" field, the system is not considering these values.

In the Filter Variant, its mandatory for us that we use "MRP Area" instead of "Location". But, as per the standard SAP behaviour, we cannot apply "Special Sorting" for "MRP Area". Standard SAP provides "Special Sorting" for "Location".

Kindly let me know if my requirement is difficult to be achieved.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.