cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore file in SAP DMS (MAXDB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use SAP DMS system with content server in MAX DB. Is there some possibility to restore deleted file by user? I read a lot information on internet about it, but everywhere is information, it's not possible. I'm a little surprised, because restore of deleted file in standard DMS system is necessity. Without this possibility is very big risk use this DMS in company.

I believe, there is some way. Please, help me.

Thanks

Andrej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrej,

you can restore a complete data backup which includes the deleted files. All changes which habve been done after the backup has been created are logged in the log area. If you know when the user deleted the document by mistake you can use restore log until to stopp just before the delete was executed. But you will loose all changes which have been done after the delte of the document by mistake. This is scenaario is called pint in time recovery.

If a delete of documents is commited then the database system is changed -> deletes the document. I

This is normal behavior of databases.

I know that content server allows to store documents twice on database level and on file system level. If you still have the missed document on file system level you can relaod it into the database.

If you have another content server which includes still the missed document you can use loadercli to download the missed document and reload it into your system where the document is missed. To get help in this issue please open an OSS ticket on BC-DB-SDB.

Regards, Christiane

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrej,

you can refresh (restore) your non productive Content Server with a backup of the production done before the delete. This way you can still access the document deleted accidentally. Such a procedure is usually known by SAP System Administrators.

Best Regards,

Valerio