cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDCLS table archiving procedure document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If any one from Archiving team, Please help to archiving procedure for CDCLS table.

How to find out how much space (%) each table within the cluster is taking i.e. we need some data points that indicates how much % of space each table is taking within the CDCLS table so that we can identify the heavy hitters and archive them kindly procide me this procedure.

Regards,

Prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CDHDR, CDCLS

Change documents. Program RSCDOK99 and SD_CHANGEDOCUMENT_REORG can delete. Archive object CHANGEDOCU can be used. Most other archive objects also result in change documents relating to that archive object also being archived and deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the below document..

http://andy-klee.sys-con.com/node/1566240/mobile

Change history records are recorded for just about everything in a typical SAP system. If you make a change to a Sales Order, a change history record is generated. If you change a production order, a change history record is created. It is this proliferation of change history records that causes the explosive growth of the CDHDR and CDPOS tables. The first thing companies do to help manage the size of these tables is to change them to a cluster table, CDCLS. I suspect if you were to take a look at the largest tables in your system, the CDCLS cluster table would more than likely be in that list of the top ten.

The frustrating thing about archiving change history is that it doesn’t make sense to archive it out apart from the business object it is related to. If you do archive change history records and the related business objects, using different Archive Objects, then the business object data will be stored in one archive file and the change history would be stored in another archive file. This makes it harder and slower to re-access the archived data. It is critical for the change history records to be archived with its associated business object. So how can I get more data archived out of these tables? Even though I am archiving several objects, I still see this table growing faster than most other tables in our system. This is the dilemma I am going to address.

At one client we have implemented an archiving strategy that has improved our archiving effectiveness concerning change history. Like many companies, we were archiving out change history only with the related business objects, yet we continued to experience rapid growth. In this article I will go into detail about the CHANGEDOCU Archive Object and provide some insights that I have learned over the years.

The examples I will be using are all based on an SAP ECC 6.0, release, but the insights I will provide will apply to any release of SAP. If there are differences I am aware of between releases, I will try to point those out. Here are the topics I will cover in this segment:

• Basics of Archiving Change History 
  • Table Analysis tips for CDHDR 
  • Archiving Strategy for Change History 
  • Re-access Capabilities

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar Reddy,

You can go through the data management guide as below for more references .

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005044382000E

Regards

Ram

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use transaction TAANA to create an analysis on field OBJECTCLAS.

It will allow you to know how many entries exist per table.

To find the related space used will be really tougher, and for me might only be possible at DB level

Best regards