cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom UIBB data - save into database tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts ,

Could you please let me know what method I need to follow to save my custom UIBB staging data to active area (database table)

I have created two custom list UIBB, I am able to  save the date into staging tables when ever CR gets saved . But I want push the same data to database tables ( ex : data has to store into table KNVD  )once the change request gets approved .

I am trying to with the below options not sure if I am doing correct approach or not

Really appreciate your guidance

1. 1) Created the custom class with the interface as IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS , and maintained this class into data model  for a custom active area .  Maintain the active area name to entity ( I have entity type 4 ) – planning to redefine the method SAVE (IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS ) , --is this right approach ?
  2. 2) I am following the how to document  --(  Extend the MDG Business Partner – Node Extension (Reuse Option) where they explained to create custom handler class  - Is this right approach ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all ,

Does anybody have any suggestions please ?

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baarati,

I know that this post is almost two years old but, did you find the correct way to store data in database tables?

Best regards,

Jordi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordi / Baarati,

I believe you would have followed the second approach, 2) I am following the how to document  --(  Extend the MDG Business Partner – Node Extension (Reuse Option) where they explained to create custom handler class

The SAP Help document gives a good over view on how to register the custom handler class in a standard view table. Later during the handler process, this gets called and your custom code to put the data in the database table will be triggered. For posting the data, you can use BAPI method inside the handler class code.

Regards

Senthil Kumar.

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I have implemented the first approach and has worked fine... more or less. Now we can read and save from/to Z tables, but there is a strange behaviour dealing with the custom data on the screen.

Step 0: display a supplier --> The active data of the custom UIBB stored on the Z table is displayed correctly

Step 1: modify the supplier --> The custom data is lost on the screen

Step 2: cancel the modification --> The custom data is displayed again

Step 3: modify the supplier again --> The custom data is maintained on the custom UIBB

Can anyone put some light on this? Thanks.

Best regards,

Jordi

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue was solved installing SAP notes 2117752 and 2123019.