cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automate the scheduling of jobs in CPS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running multiple test cycles over 5 large deployments in our current project. For each test cycle, we must schedule batch jobs in CPS (Redwood). As there are 500+ jobs, this is very labour intensive...

Has anyone got any experience of automating the scheduling of jobs in CPS?

My initial thoughts are to use Worksoft or Selenium for web browser automation. Does CPS not have the functionality to mass load a spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just an update on our solution.

We have used Redwood Scripts to develop a spreadsheet that can export scripts to schedule batch jobs in the shell; this includes Program Name, Variant, Time, Submit Frame, etc. We can now schedule ~500 jobs in a matter of minutes, which has been very useful in our multi-deployment, global transformation project.

If you're interested in implementing this at your complany/client, please get in touch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

could you please share the script as we have similar requirement?

Many thanks in advance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I recently found this out myself and it's already saved me hours of repetitive work:

http://paperstreetenterprises.com/gui-scripting-guide/

It might take you about 1-3 hours to figure it out, but in the long run it will save you a ton of time.

Cheers,

DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damjan,

CPS is in a web browser, not in SAP gui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not seen this feature in Redwood to upload excel and get the job .

But if you get one redwood configured for all the jobs and all the things submitted in the calendar then you can just change the pointing in the system configuration and then point to the another system.

Or if you have full license on redwood you can export the jobs once created in one redwood and then import in another one.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In that case, the only other thing I can think of is using an application such as Autohotkey (you can google/youtube it) and running a loop through in an input file that has the job specific data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I dont think there is any way to automate creating and scheduling of jobs in CPS though its a much required functionality.

You might have to do it manually.

Mudasir.