cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know COGS based on materials supplying source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, We have 4 MFG factories where similar materials are produced (material codes are common to all factories) and after production materials are transfered to branches via Stock transport process (ME21N>VL10B>VF01>J1IIN at factory and at branch MIGO>VA01>VL0N>VF01) and from there billing to end customers are being done. the following business requirement to be given to client Plz suggest how we can achieve this. 1. Factory wise inventory lying at branches at any date 2. Factory wise materisl billed to end customers. 3. Factory wise COGS details 4. calculate profit based on factory wise & profit center wise. regards SP Shukla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you want to get a link between material transferred from manufacturing plant to branches/factories/selling points. If there is no batch or serial number activated then how come system would know that which material you are going to sell and when did it arrive? We can get this link only material code wise in your case because there is no batch or serial number. In this case it will be useless because you won't come to know that when did material arrive and from where it arrive which you have entered in sale order.

If batch management is not possible for you why dont you go for serial number? System maintains serial automatically and you don't need to enter or select it manually (depend on serial number configuration).

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know the serial no configuration, if you can help I can explore it.

however we are giving a solution after discussion with our internal members, Plz give your views:

1. We are creating storage locations under selling branches based on source of supply of the materials

2. At the time of creating STO we will restrict the users to enter correct storage location for receiving branch (will use BADI for this)

3. Once material is entered correct storage location (factory specific) we will get the information of goods issue details from MSEG and billing details from VBRP.

4. We will calculate the COGS amount by multiplying the std price of the factory of the material (price will be taken from MBEWH) with goods issue quantity.

5. Based on COGS and revenue information we will generate the report for factory wise material wise profitability.

regards

SP Shukla

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know the serial no configuration, if you can help I can explore it.

For this you can google with Serial number settings in SAP. There are many links available on this in SCN and other forums.

For your solution it seems fine but I have only one doubt that this will not give you COGS of materials individually. For example if there are 150 materials in store @ 50 Rs and you receive 200 new quantity and this time its price is 60. When you sell this material how you will tell the system that whether it is 50 Rs material or 60 Rs material? Did you check this or not? May be I am wrong or I have not understood your process correctly so correct me if I am wrong.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

We proposed two type of COGS calculation to client:

1. Calculate MAP material wise based on receiving of the material month wise and storing it separately at custom table (copy of MBWEH).

2. Price of last material document.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If your client is agreed on these cost prices then its ok but this will not give you 100% actual information. Your solution is also fine but I wana suggest you to check serial number once and if you activate serial number then you can get better information easily.

If you don't have time to explore this then let it go with your suggested solution and whenever you get time go through the serial number functionality and settings.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will explore the serial no setup and see the result, can you revert me if the serial no can be created against plant and serial no will be updated at sales and material movement related tables.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear We maintain Serial number in Material Master data in sales General Plant Data view. So we maintain it at plant and sales organization level. I didnt check this in detail and I have to test it.

Serial number is not there in MSEG or VBAP tables and we have to append this field in these tables.

Further I will share some links with you or you can explore on Google.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, whether you made any efforts in your system before posting here, to find out whether standard TCodes are there. 

1.  MB51

2.  VF05

3.  MB51 - nothing but your VPRS

4.  Ask your FI consultant

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

My question was different, the requirement is to know the profitability of a material based on his source of manufacturing, as per current setup and business process materials are produced at factories and then its stock transferred to branches from where actual billing are done to end customers. here COGS & Revenues are booked on branch (business area) but requirement is to identify the COGS and revenue according to factory wise from where material was supplied to

branches.

We are unable to track the source of billed materials as well as stock lying at branches as material codes are same for all factories ad after MIGO at branches materials identification are getting lost.

Our implementation is more than 6 years and here nos of FG material codes
is above 1 lakh. in this situation we can not implement batch for tracking the source.

Plz revert if any workaround is available in standard SAP.

regards

SP Shukla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From SD side, I dont think, there is a report as you were expecting.  Better check with your FI consultants since the report you want is predominently should come from finance side.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi, Is there any settings available from where We can capture the source of supply of the material at the time of sale order creation?(eg plant, business area of supplying plant of the STO. Actually from finance side they are saying that due to missing setup of SD, source of supply is not updating in billing hence integrated report from finance can not be developed. Plz revert. regards. SP Shukla