cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Consider expiry ( self life ) while running SNP heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We have a typical business case, We are not using self life functionalality in SCM system. But we would like to consider the stocks based on the expiry date.

Example

Forecast :1000 cs from customer 1

Forecast : 400 cs from cusomer 2

Total Forecast is : 2500 Cs

Stock : 500 CS ( out of 500 cs 50 cs have 18 month expiry date and rest of 450 cs have 12 month expiry date)

so customer 1 will accept stocks of only 18 month and above

and Customer 2 will accept stocks of 12 month and above

So during normal Location heuristic the net requirement calculation output will be 900 CS. ( 1400-500 = 900 CS)

But we would like have results like as below

(1000- 50 = 950 ) & (400-450=0) meaning we want system to propose requirment 950 cs for customer 1 and nothing for customer 2 beacuse sufficiant stock of 12 month expiry.

Is there any way to plan like this in SNP. Any help or hints will be great help.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use CTM Tool.which considers Shelf Life while Planning.

Try APO CTM Tool which helps in Shelf Life Planning...

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can sepcify ProdLoc specific shelf life in the demand tab once you activate shelf life for the SKU in the properties tab

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNP does not support this requirement. You can try with PP/DS along with descriptive characteristics to represent customer based forecast with remaining shelf life requirements and stock based on batches with shelf life characteristics.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Thanks for your suggestion, is there any document on this how to proceed.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why you don't want to use shelf life functionality in SNP, which can meet your requirement. It seems you are seeking trouble yourself. You may be able to achieve what you need by using macros, but you need to understand SNP as well as macros very well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada

By activating the selg life functionality, it will will activate at system level. We have one common system for many countries, and this requires only for certain gulf countries like Saudi and Kuwait.

I am afrid to activate at the system level, I am looking at product location level. Please let me know if we can activate at product location level.

Best regards

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, As far as I know, it depends on you whether you want to plan with shelf-life or not in SNP. If you want to consider shelf-life, just plan the location/products in shelf-life planning book, where special key figures and macros are designed to take shelf-life data into consideration. For the location products you do not want to take shelf life data into consideration, just use the normal SNP planning book. There's a setting "Planning with shelf life" in product master, you'll need to check it if you want the product to be planned with shelf life data. Please refer to online help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/46/1da416078b5a68e10000000a1553f7/content.htm?frameset... for further information about shelf life planning in SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada

Will this consider for same SKU different expiry date meaning self life is different for different countries, Saudi will accepct only 18 months and above and Kuwait will accept 15 month above.But in self life functionality I can maintain only one value. is there any way to maintain different expiry.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For clarity, when you say you are not using Shelf Life functionality in SCM do you mean that you do not CIF across Batc Level information with shelf-life characteristics (i.e. production date, expiry date etc) or do you mean that you presently do not use the Shelf Life functionality within SNP?