cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing CRM question and SOLMAN Generate Required Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install the sap crm 5.0 , but there is a section where the installer asks for some Solutions Manager Key that i need to generate on the SAP SOLMAN. The thing is that i dont have any sap solman running.

I have been reading several posts where basically its says that is a req. that sap established for the crm systems.

Anyways, i have 2 questions.

1. Installing the SAP SOLMAN is just the same process as installing r/3 or crm, that i need to update the OS, install the dbms (upgrade it and patch it), get the kernel, export, installation master cd's and well follow the inst guide?

Or there is something else i need to have, like an r/3 system running ?

2. It's possible if i give to you guys the SAP SID, Instance Number, Hostname, of the crm environment i want to install, that somebody with solman generates the key for me?

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i dont think i will need the patches, since this environment will be just my sandbox for some testing purpose for a short time of period. So if you can help me out generating that key for me , i'll really appreciate it.

The thing is that i need access to the icwebclient that as far as i know it's on the crm. If somebody know how can i get access to the icwebclient without installing the crm system that will be awesome !!

Cheers,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If somebody could generate the key on the solution manager for me here is the data needed:

SAPSID: TCM

Central Instance Host: fcrm

Central Instance Number: 00

Thanx

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Installing the SAP SOLMAN is just the same process

> as installing r/3 or crm, that i need to update the

> OS, install the dbms (upgrade it and patch it), get

> the kernel, export, installation master cd's and well

> follow the inst guide?

> Or there is something else i need to have, like an

> r/3 system running ?

SolMan is a complete separate system with separate database, combined ABAP + Java instance, so to say an "R/3 system running" (to speak with your words).

>

> 2. It's possible if i give to you guys the SAP SID,

> Instance Number, Hostname, of the crm environment i

> want to install, that somebody with solman generates

> the key for me?

that is possible - but you won't be able to get patches and updates after April 2nd of this year, SolMan and Maintenance Optimizer is mandatory till then.

--

Markus