cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD on PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how to check if the PI SLD is  hosted on Solution manager or there is own local SLD.

Also any differentiated on central & local SLD will help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Assuming you know the hostnames of both systems, go to transaction SLDAPICUST.

You can also check the hostnames in transaction SLDCHECK.

Regards

Mark

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to access the SLD, based on the URL(the host name) you can find out if it is local SLD or central SLD.

you can find the configuration steps for central SLD @ http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Configuring+Central+SLD

Differences b/w central and local SLD :

there are many threads on the same topic.. please search SDN

http://scn.sap.com/message/4004996

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I ran the t codes & for Dev & QA the SLD is pointed to single SLD ( DEV)

For Prod, it is pointing to Prod Host name. Does this means that i have 2 SLD one from Non Prod & one for Prod. How would i know which is Central SLD. Also how would i know if the Sol Manager SLD is not central SLD.

I was able to create BS & TS in Dev which passed into prod SLD. Does this means Dev is my Central SLD

Please advice.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be for all non-production systems you got one SLD i.e.Dev system. Even our landscape has the same.

For production it is your local SLD.

Also how would i know if the Sol Manager SLD is not central SLD.

If solution manager is your central SLD then your SLDCHECK should have taken you to that. You confirmed that it is pointing to the production host name.

I was able to create BS & TS in Dev which passed into prod SLD. Does this means Dev is my Central SLD

We can enable synchronization between SLD's which will take care of this. This might be the case with you.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check it by following the below path

Go to SLD->on the top Administration -> data supplier

Go to SLD->on the top Administration -> synchronization