cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII IDOC processing throughput (12.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are processing LOIPRO idocs, from ECC6, via a MII transaction that populates data to several sql tables. We see a fair amount of variablity in throughput. At some times, we're capable of processing 25,000+ / hr through MII and other times we struggle to reach 6,000 / hr.  I can see that there is a backlog of unprocesed IDOCs, so I know the data is out there to grab. Currently, we don't queue any data, we just process it via a transaction as soon as it comes in to MII.

Our DBO has checked or sql instance and it is not maxing out on anything. Our server CPU is running between 45-90%, but never hits 100%.

Currently, were running on 12.1.9 using NW CE 7.11.

Are there any parameters we need to check, to insure balancing of system resources, so we do not have these fluctuations in throughput ?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Bob Koshalek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hey Bob,

Good to see you making use of the forums and I hope you had a good Thanksgiving holiday!

As you may remember, the MII transaction engine relies heavily on the NetWeaver JMS engine and the JMX threadpool.  Your instance may be maxing out this thread pool which is causing the transactions (which use Message Driven Beans for the Message Processing rules) to queue up and wait for a new thread to become available.  I explain a lot of this on pages 20-22 of this document:

Also, depending on your NetWeaver release you may have to update your ENGINEAPI version and some other SCAs as there are continuous improvements made to the JMS engine by the NetWeaver team in order for it to perform better under heavy load.  Which SP of NW 7.11 are you using?

I also think that there is a profiler for the JMS engine built into NetWeaver which Mike talks about on page #9 of this document:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/15603/SAP%20MII%20Handbook.pdf?version=2&modificat...

Hope this helps,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

Thanks for sending me in the right direction. This does seem to have helped.

Can the same settings be applied in our Netweaver 7.3 SP8 environment ?

Bob

0 Kudos

Yes, they exist in almost the same form with some minor variations in the names but the results are the same.  Also, from what I hear the JMS implementation (MII Msg services rely heavily on this component) in the 7.31 release seems to scale better than in 7.11 but there are some notes out there explaining why various patches need to be applied even in the 7.31 environment to properly scale the JMS implementation out...further details are available via this community page: http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-as

Also, the development support component for JMS is: BC-JAS-JMS

Hope you enjoyed the holidays,
Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

You may also want to take a look at the ERP side to see if there is a loading issue there.  I am not sure how to direct you on thruput question, but will ask a more knowledgeable person to review.

Regards, Mike

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG