cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with special characters after kernel-patch-update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have just encountered a strange behaviour, which someoe may be able to help me with. I am going to open an OSS-message, but maybe this is a little bit faster.

We are running a web application on WAS 6.20. We have just updated to kernel patch "1874" to fix another problem, when we noticed that somehow the server has a problem in dealing with special characters which have been entered in a HTML-form.

Everything worked perfectly before the kernel-update, so this should be directly linked to it.

What happens ? I enter a special character (e.g. München) in an HTML-form, send the form by clicking submit and the server somewhen converts all special characters to '#'. During debugging in the event handler OnInputProcessing I already see the '#', so this must have happened somewhere before.

Quite strange and not to mention that we had to go back to the old kernel patch immediately on the productive system.

Does this ring a bell to anyone ?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Is our system a Unicode installation?

Is there some reason for you not to use Kernel 6.40?

Regards,

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valdecir,

1. no, we have a single-code installation (though we are planning to switch to Unicode in the near future)

2. until now there was no need for that. Everything was running ok.

Anyway, I just got an answer from SAP, where I opened an OSS message. They confirmed this to be an error in this kernel-patch, so hopefully this will be solved soon.

I will post the note as soon as I know it.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

see note "825036" for this issue. I don't quite understand what happened there, but once we set the parameter

"ict/unescape_no_utf8 = 1" and

"ict/escape_url_no_utf8 = 1"

everything worked fine. Strange things happen around here...

Stefan