cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABC Indicator in Business Partner

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are in the process of grouping vendors.  I would like to use the ABC Indicator on the vendor master record in SAP for this purpose.  However, I need to also bring this over to SRM.  How do I go about including this indicator with the business partners in SRM?  Is it even possible?

Is there another option that will work with SAP and SRM?  The grouping would include vendors with master service agreements, contracts, or none.  We do not use contract management at the present time.  I thought about classification but did not see how that would come over to SRM either.

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

I can see one way of doing it.

In ECC we have vendor groups, which can be configured for different number range.

If you define 3 vendor groups in ECC with different number ranges for your ABC classifications of the vendor, you can then replicate these vendors with the same number range in SRM and therefore can differentiate these vendors with the number range.

I understand that it is quite static way of classifying vendors.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

New number ranges would be good if we were not in SAP for so many years.  We are talking about identifying existing vendors.  I would not want to recreate them for this purpose.

I have found that the authorization group field on the vendor master may work as well since that does transfer over to SRM (after some configuration on the SRM side).  Just waiting to hear from others within our organization as to how they want to use this new classification in the area of searches and workflow.

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Yes, you have reached to the right point. Authorisation/ Cash Mgmt group on accounting info view in vendor master, are the fields where you can classify the vendors. As authorisation is within business partner you can use this field.

Best of Luck.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, I was referring to the authorization field under General Data in the Control section.  Do you see any issues with using this field for our purposes?

Answers (0)