cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB02 - Doesn´t show anything

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m facing a weird issue in SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 with SQL Server 2005 on Windows Server.

I´m not able to see any values in tcode DB02 (for example Space - Database Size History)! Can you tell me please why? How can I see all the values/statistics of my SQL Server database?

I guess this is related with a standard job, am I right? Which one?

Thank you,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Samid,

Would you mind checking the following SAP note?

#1949657 - Space History in DB02 is missing

Cheers,

Ian Segóbio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your help Ian, that is definitely the solution for this problem!

I done everything that is recommended in the sap note 1949657 (Space History in DB02 is missing), and now I can already get the space history information in DB02 / DBACOCKPIT transaction.

Thank you,

samid raif

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

For SQL Server, mssprocs is responsible for creating the  SQL Server agent job that collects the database and table growth information.  The job is called SAP_<sid>_<SID>_MSSQL_COLLECTOR or SAP_SAPMonitor_<SID>_MSSQL_COLLECTOR.

A good way to troubleshoot this job is from SAP is db02 -> Backup and Recovery -> SQL Agent job History.  (Even though these jobs aren't related to backups, the list includes all sql agent jobs.)  Look for the *MSSQL_COLLECTOR job.  If that job isn't there, run mssprocs to create it.  If the job is there, but not working, double click the job to look at the log.  An easy way to fix a bad job is to delete the existing *MSSQL_COLLECTOR job from the SQL Server level (I haven't found a way to do this from within SAP), and run mssprocs to recreate it.  mssprocs won't update/change the job if it exists already.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid

Use the T code ST04 in MS Sql DB,

Regards

Sriram

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check

Note 1027512 - MSSQL: DBA cockpit for basis release 7.00 and later

I guess it would be a good idea to have a read at part 4 of that note.

And please check the situation of job SAP CCMS_<sid>_<SID>_Update_Tabstats (the one mentioned in the note) in SQL Server Agent.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you click at the top left "DB Connection" and test your connection? Sometimes after a new install or a system copy this connection need to be adjusted with the correct schema/username in order to work correctly from the DBACOCKPIT or DB02 transactions.

Also, make sure you're running regular Database Statistics Update. You can can schedule it from SQL Management Studio.