cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The data source is invalid: 'Universe generation failed'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BI 4.0 SP5 Patch level 6 with SAP BW data source.

All the admin level users can run the crystal reports available.

But when created a end user and try to run the report that user's id getting the below error.

The viewer could not process an event. The data source is invalid: 'Universe generation failed for resource id "ATam0EEl7RtAj0DZ.Lipf5o".'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to solve the problem. [JRC00005391] ---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

I have BW User assigned to a BOBJ group and access level is assigned to the Group in folder level.

I have given the  rights required to run crystal report using Advanced < Add Remove rights.

Still getting the same error.

Appreciate a lot if some one can advice me on this.

Thanks,

Yasitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you made sure to grant the right for the connection used for accessing the data?

If you are using Universe in between have you made sure to grant access rights from universe?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assigned the view on demand access to the user in folder level and olap connection level (because we are not using universe with BW).

That resolved the problem. But when i assign security it will not work immediately. It takes about 40-60 minutes for the change to work. Until then it was giving the same error. This was misleading all the time and I've been keep on trying different things over and over again because nothing is working.

Has any one seen any delay similar to this.

Thanks,

Yasitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

With admin rights in BO, user can execute the report. When we assign just the crystal access rights its not working.

Thanks,

Yasitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try with View on Demand access for the user. it will narrow down you issue to have the exact rights to view the Crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it would have more to do with rights for connection at universe level to BW for this user. You can check that and come to a conclusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are multiple reasons for this issue

1) In Sufficent BW access: try with other ID which is having more access on the BW SIde

2) In Sufficent BO access: try to include the user in ADmin ANd check it

0 Kudos

Moved to BI Platform forum since it works for Admin users it's not a DB driver issue.