Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sales Order Scenario - New

former_member401443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a sales Scenario where I am signing the contract with Customer to provide him 100 different Materials ( Downloadable data ) and total value of contract is 100 K USD and he has paid upfront.

Now in a year he can use any quantity / combination of materials provided he doesn't exceed the 100 K USD limit / cap. After the limit is exausted, he will be billed . Also if he uses other materials , he will be billed.

Can some one help on it .

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mukesh,

You can achieve this with Value Contract with the value of 100 K USD.

Now the challenge will be Other Materials for which Customer will be billed. I will suggest to use Material Exclusion for this. create two Sales DOucment Types for this scenario. Now enter Sales Document Type (AUART) in Material Listing / Exclusion Tables & maintain Conditions Records for to Exclude öther materials" from the Value Contract Doucment Type.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is really very interesting requirement. I never thought about such sales scenario

In my opinion you can use value contract for this but in this you have to do some activities manually. From your requirement it looks like you want everything to be done automatically but this would not be possible. Try to follow these steps.

Enter advance payment from customer with special GL indicator A which means advance payment.

Create value contract of those 100 materials and value allowed i.e. 100 K USD.

Create order > delivery > Billing or Order > Billing if it not relevant for delivery and post invoice in FI which will increase receivables from customer.

Clear that invoice with advance payment.

If user exceeds the limit of 100 K USD then billing would be done and will remain open untill you enter new payment and clear it.

If user will enter some other material in order or contract again it will be billed and remain open until you enter payment and clear that invoice.

Thank$