SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move suffixes to the end of the name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem that should be simple but I have not found the solution.  When we implemented HR was already configured.  To record Suffixes like JR, III, SR etc we are asking for the information on the student master data in the Other Title field (HRP1702 - NAMZU) which according to the information is for Affixes.  In the configuration we have   Z ( for name affixes ) ,Junior , Jr   also we have  Z , The Third, III  --  this print out things like

The Third John Smith.   Of coures in the US it should read John Smith, Jr.     I tried to change the Z to an S which is to print behind the name but now the values do not appear in the drop down for data entry.  Also in spro - under SAP-Netweaver > General setting > my country setting > Define countries in My SAP System we do not have anything in the field - Standard Name Format for US.  We do have the following setup in the Business Partner > personal data > name formation > Maintain Name Formating rule > US -- 1 -- Title, first_name, middle _initial, last_name, Academic title.

I have contact one of the other US schools and it appears we are setup the same -- But they do not print the suffix in front  of the name.  In all my searches I have not found a solution, so I am hoping with all of your knowledge someone can point me in the right direction.  You can imagine our students reaction when they see The Third John Smith -- on the portal, in all correspondence, and any where else the name is presented.

Bev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Bev,

The Path mentioned above is the way we do format Name rule. Try editing the current order. It should work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member

Hi Bev,

The Path mentioned above is the way we do format Name rule. Try editing the current order. It should work.

0 Kudos

Thank you it is good to know the configuration is correct.  It now appears that we have long-name populated in the BUT000 file.  Even when I change the suffix to remove it the long-name does not change.  I am also going to look at Event 1245 to see if this will fix Biller Direct.

Thanks for your response.

Best Regards

Bev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution to my issue.  I thought I would add the solution here in case anyone else comes across this situtation.  When my config did not by itself affect a change, I saw that the Name Format Country was not being populated in the BUT000 file.  Upon further investigation I found that I could go to the Systems tab on the top menu bar on the Easy Access Menu.  From there I pulled it down to User Profile  then Own Data -- on the Parameters tab I added NameFormat_Country   then US ( under Parameter value). When I updated something on the But000 table the US was populated Under name Format country.  It then used my configuration to move the name supplement to the end of the name.

Fixing my issue.

Thanks everone for your help