cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD transactions for Mexico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Starting 2014, Mexico expects the use of CFDI which requires that the final invoice to the customer is printed and has a digital signature before the goods are actually shipped out of the facility. If we plan to use POD ( and SIT with EHP 5 ), the system would not allow the invoice to be created unless a POD has been processed from the end customer. However, this would be in conflict with what is expected in Mexico where the final invoice has to accompany the goods that are sent to the customer.

Would appreciate inputs from fellow members on how this can be addressed

Appreciate your help

Regards

Rohit Zalani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the following OSS note

• Note 1914863 - CFDI MX: Internet Digital Invoice solution for SD Process

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Thank you for your mail. I had referred to this note earlier, but was not able to identify how the solution for MX would address the PoD issue.

• We use the Enhancement pack 5 feature which allows you to post a goods issue which posts to a stock in transit account. Once a PoD has been processed, this allows you to now create an invoice for the customer and posts to Cost of Goods Sold Account.
  • However, for Mexico, the requirement is that an invoice is created in the system and sent for authentication to the SAT and imbed the digital seal on the invoice before the goods can be dispatched ( the invoice has to accompany the goods ). This would mean that you will need to create an invoice in the system, but which now negates the PoD concept which holds creation of the customer invoice ( and hence recognize revenue ) unless the goods have been received by the customer.

Do let me know what you think. Inviting any inputs from fellow members if they would like to add any other insights into this issue

Regards

Rohit Zalani

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
this would be in conflict with what is expected in Mexico where the final invoice has to accompany the goods that are sent to the customer

Though I dont have exposure to the process what you narrated, two points I would like to share

1. You should be aware, there is a standard routine 11 which allows system to generate billing documents without doing PGI if you assign this in copy control.  You may consider this
  2. As per your above statement, it seems, it is a statutory requirement in which case, SAP is suppose to provide a standard solution.  May be you can raise OSS message to confirm on this.

G. Lakshmipathi