Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Change - Project Field Auto Populate

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

We are implementing ChaRM in 7.1 SP10.

In Rfc, we want to have the project field auto populated and grayed out. How can we do this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid,

Shaswat is right you can do it via enhancing UI component

1. tcode BSP_WD_CMPWB - AIC_CMCR_H enhance it
  2. now enhance view AIC_CMCR_H/AICCMCRHeaderEF
  3. Now expand Context, Context Nodes
  4. Find BTAICREQUESTCONTEXT expand attributes
  5. Find field STRUCT.PROJECT_ID expand it
  6. Enhance method GET_PROJECT_ID, insert your logic there
  7. test

Rg Dan

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaswat and Daniyar. I did help.

Sajid

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I tried changing method GET_PROJECT_ID but can't get it to work. Can you let me know what code I need to add and at what line?

Thanks

Sajid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajud,

Currently im out of my office so cannot check it in system, but as i remember you need to change methods attribute "VALUE".

Sajid you need to enhance this method, after this you will have to call super then write your code logic.

Here check this link example:

https://scn.sap.com/message/13323212

Rg Dan

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I can get project field populated with my project on creation of RfC, but the issue is system does not recognize the project automatically. i.e. I have to press the Enter key to get the project description and also have system automatically determine the component (which is linked to project) when adding in scope block. Without pressing enter key system treats my project as plain text. I am not an abap expert and a step-by-step direction will be really helpful. Thanks for your help so far.

Regards

Sajid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid,

okay let me try to explain:

1. "Without pressing enter key system treats my project as plain text" - why you think so? system didn't updated related fields f.e. project description and component automatically determination.
  2. When you enter value in field manually you need refresh it, by hitting enter or choosing other field, saving transaction.

Solutions:

1. You can additionally populate STRUCT.PROJECT_TITLE in its own get_xxx
  2. GET_PROJECT_ID call some method to simulate "Enter" button, need to search for this mb DO_INIT or DO_PREPARE_OUTPUT help you.

Try it

Rg Dan

former_member215596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, We have requirement to default the Project and other related title and component as we have 1 Project Only ... How we can default it in Solman 7.1. Our Requirement is when user selects request for change project to be defaulted,  so user can enter request for scope... Appreciate your response. Thanks and RegardS Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have requirement to default the Project as we have 1 Project Only ... How we can default it in Solman 7.1

Appreciate your response.

Thanks and RegardS

Venkat

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid ,

As you want your project ID to be auto-populated , I assume you have just 1 Charm project . If this is the case , then when you enter the Ibase component of your production in the Rfc Scope for Approval it will automatically pick up the project ID .

If you have multiple projects , then you need to decide first that you want the default project to be populated by what logic .

To make it greyed out , we need to use the SPRO customizing that enables the UI fields to be editable in certain statuses . Let me know if this helps.

Regards ,

Shaswat

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaswat,

We have two projects, one for Maintenance and one for Implementation. We would like the maintenance project to be the default selection. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks

Sajid

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid ,

This can be done through coding . Identify the UI component for the project field and default populate it with your maintenance project .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shaswat