cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP web service/ Virtual Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a webservice for a ZRFC,when using the wizard in SE37>utilites>more utilities>create web service> from function module ,it's creating only the Webservice ,not prompting for a "virtual interface" .Same thing happens in se80,in create,under enterprise services node,i'm getting options only for web service and proxy object. Is there some thing missing.when excuting the webservice created from WSADMIN i'm getting 403 error ,page not found.

how do i create virtual interface ??.

we have version ECC 6.0,with software component SAP_BASIS 700 and java stack acitivated.How do i know what SAP Netweaver version we have ??.

any help !

Thanks

Bvan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi. As of Netweaver 2004s, the virtual interface piece has be absorbed into the creation of the web service definition, so there is no need to create it as well. When you are getting the 403, how are you trying to run this, using the Web Service Homepage? If so, you will need to configure what j2e engine that you want to use to use. You can do this in WSADMIN under the Administration settings. Check that this is set. YOu must know the URL of your j2e engine.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rich,

Thanks for the reponse. It worked ok .So i guess we have netweaver 2004s then.

Other than testing thru home page in WSADMIN,what would be the real time usage or how to test.

Thanks,

Bvan

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, ECC 6.0 runs on NW2004s. A real world test would be to create proxy object in your system and consume the web service. Check the help on consuming a web service. All you need to generate the proxy object is the WSDL file.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (0)