cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Romanian VAT registration number without ISO Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I have a very specific question concerning the VAT registration number for Romanian customers. Apparently there are Romanian companies who have a VAT registration number without the usual ISO Code, in this case 'RO', in the beginning. Does there exist a way that makes it possible in SAP ECC to create customers who have VAT registration numbers with an ISO code in front and others without an ISO code in the beginning. I am not talking about two registration number for one customer but just the possibility to chose between both. I've searched OSS and the Community Network but can't directly find info on this topic. Thank you for your comments.

Kind regards,

Charles Roelants

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The validation of the tax number is made in function module EU_TAX_NUMBER_CHECK you should not change anything there yourself. SAP delivers this usually with a support package.

If you are sure that these numbers are valid VAT registration  then you should contact SAP.

check the correctness of the numbers  online VAT number check in Romania

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you already tried it and are you getting an error message?

If so then I'm guessing there might be a validation performed for the field based on the country code. Like, for example, every country has certain format for postal code. Some of those validations are actually hard-coded in SAP, but some are configurable. If this one is configurable then it will probably be in the Country configuration, it's somewhere on top of the list in SPRO (sorry, don't remember the exact path).

Also an ABAPer should be able to assist with checking what validation is done for the field.

I would not advise to change this though because such validations are there for a reason and there might be some legal exposure if you have incorrect VAT numbers for the customers. You might want to be very cautious with this.