cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Password validation edit type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We use Syclo Agentry for our products development.

We have additional complex table with fields - login and password. It is internal table, not SAP lagin and password.

When user enter the field "password" on the screen we would like to hide it like line of asterisks.

I use for it the field with "edit type" - "password validation". But if I

try to compare this screen field rules doesn't work. I guess that screen value is asterisks.

Could you give me advice as I can real value from screen field with "password validation" edit type?

Thanks in advance.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Alexey,

The password validation field type will compare the entered password with the users password and display the default or defined message if they do not match.  In this case since you want to validate the password against a CT field you will need to define the validation rule to do the lookup yourself as part of the transaction.

To have the field not display the text entered you can map the screen field to a transaction string property that has the Password: Edit as password option checked.  That will cause the values entered to be displayed as asterisks.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bill. All things work correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

Can you show us that "Edit as password option checked" option?  Print Screen maybe?

Regards,

Max.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the Transaction Property setting, and in the "General Settings" Section select "Password"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve thx a lot for your reply.

Can you help us? Whit this validation? There is another way to do a validation? Without a transaction? We have a screen with a screen field (no asterisks) and using a EQSTR validation we check the content field with a CT field value. The validation rule is working perfect but we need to transform the field screen value to asteriks like the password validation. Any sugestion?

If you recomend a transaction, can you help us with a simple screen or how to?

Regards,
Maximiliano.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maximilliano,

Can you provide more details about what you are doing?  Are you capturing input from the user without using a transaction?  I'm not clear on the use case as to why you wouldn't use a transaction screen here.

--Bill

Answers (0)