SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting return charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As you know Return processing includes two processes

1.Posting a return document to cancel a payment document

2.Posting a return charges as a part of return posting (if required and maintained in the config)

I have seen that when return got posted on a account with document number for exa. 123456789 this Same document number has multiple line items in which one contain the return posting amount and one contains the bank charges that were added during returrn posting with different main and sub.

Is it possible for us to have return charges to be posted with a seperate document type than the one which is used to post a return. I tried testing with event 290 291 etc. and changed the document type whenever the return charges is being posted still the return charges got posted with the same document type as of return posting.

Regards,

Rahul.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

I believe a single document number cannot have two document types.Although you can identify the return charges from the main-sub and in table DFKKRH it is updated in a separate column .

0 Kudos

Hi Santrupta,

Thanks for a quick reply.

Yes you are right...but what i actually want to ask is that return posting results in posting of single return document including the return charges (if required). I just want to split these posting and i want the return charges to be posted seperately with different document type and of course with different document number.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi ,

May we know what purpose do you want to fulfill by generating a different document number and doc type for return charges .

if it is because you want to reverse the return charges with out reversing the returns document on case to case basis , it can be fulfilled by posting an credit item against the debit return charges ,you just have to manually post the credit transaction of the main-sub you have created for return charges  its account determination is opposite of that of return charges and after posting ,clear it with the debit returns charges ,there by nullifying both the G/L and the account balance.