cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete document by status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SolMan Experts,

We are using Solution manager to upload the IT documents in our project. We have defined the status schema for document types.

If the document is no longer relevant, the status is set to 'Delete'.

Is there any report to delete all the document in 'Delete' status ?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Routima

Have you check my below blogs... these report will help you to achieve the same or just customize with code to achieve your exact requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/08/01/useful-report-for-do...

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks a lot, but with this report, only the previous version is getting delete.

The requirement is to delete all the documents from document repository.  🙂

Thanks,

Routima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Routima,

By default, threre is no specific report to delete only documents in a specific status (as far as I know).

You could create a Z report based on SOLMAN_DOCU_VERSION_DEL, or maybe you could use SOLMAN_UNUSED_DOCUMENTS instead of the status "deleted".

I do explain a little bit about it in this post but basically, it'll find and remove unused documents. A document is considered unused when there is no logical reference to it's physical object. This means that, if you delete the assignment of the document from all projects using it, when you run this report, you may find that document and delete it.

I hope this helps you.

kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Thanks for the reply.

We are already using this report to delete all the unused documents from document repository.

But, the users put the documents that no longer in use to status DeleteDocument (and do not unlink).

Now, we want to run a report to delete all this document, if there is any standard report.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply. But I am little confused, what selection need to be provided on the selction screen of program CRM_ORDER_DELETE.

It will be a great help, if you can please elaborate.

Thanks in advance.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My mistake; i got consfused with CRM Documents.  I am not sure on IT Documents deletion.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind :-). thanks for help, any ways.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is, first get a list of all the documents with status "Delete". Then  delte all these documents using CRM_ORDER_DELETE program in SE38.

Regards,

Vivek