cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Reset to status "In Development" while in status "imported into production"

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding the logic behind the status flow in ChaRM (SolMan 7.1 SP10).

At a certain point, you arrive with an Urgent Change into status "imported into production". This status triggers an automatic feedback to the Request for Change to change from status "Being Implemented" to "Implemented".

However, when now it turns out that there is still something wrong in the Production system, there is the option to use the action "Reset status to "In Development"" on your change document.

But this does not give any feedback to the Request for Change, which stays in status "implemented" (or, could meanwhile even have changed to "confirmed").

This seems strange to me. Is this a mistake in the flow, or is there a logic behind it?

Any advice or clarification on this is welcome!

Kind regards,

Joyca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My thought process is when a Urgent Correction gets reset to Dev after "Imported to Production" status the CR should get updated to status "Extend Scope". But this brings another question: How does the system know the new status "In Development" arrived after "Reset to In Development "?. Because whenever a new UC is created it is in "In Development" status.

To overcome this can we have 2 In Development status?

1) In Development Original

2) In Development - Scope Extension

So whenever we chose action "Reset to Development" the UC status should update to "In Development - Scope Extension" this inturn should change the CR status to "Extend Scope"

My $0.02.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

I think this is just a unnecessary entry, just delete it in AIC settings.

There is also such customizing for Completed status of Urgent Change.

And we only getting updated when UC reach status Completed but not "Imported to Production"

This is more for Normal Change.

Rg Dan

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, Daniyar, 

I have thought of a solution like Vivek described, but I prefer to stay as close to the standard as possible.

To me, the solution of Dan seems better, to remove the feedback to the RfC during status "imported into production" and only send this on "confirmed".

Thank you for your inputs,

Kind regards,

Joyca

Answers (0)