cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null Record Syndicated in Syndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Null value syndicated in MDM Syndicator even though not null filter criteria are assigned. This issue is happening once in a month I tried to track the syndicated null record but it was updated now. Can anyone help me to know the reason how null record will syndicated if filter is applied?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update on above issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

The first thing to do is to compare this data's output from MDM and output from PI.

Compare exactly and zero in on source of issue.

Check if this can be an XSD related issue or Map related.

To take care of latter open the map and do a save update.Whereas for the former please compare if some segment is treated as mandatory in PI but is optional in MDM.

Thanks,

Ravi

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Are you sure that there are no Null Values created in MDM and the condition that you have set for NOT NULL is right?  One possibility is that, NULL values are created in MDM during the Import process (Can be manual or automatic) which in turn is making the Syndicator to Syndicate the NULL Values. Please check for NULL values in data manager and get back to us.

Regards,
Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Were you able to reproduce the error?

Thanks,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

If Syndication map is selected as NOT NULL, it will not syndicate the “NULL” records to target system.

However we need to check here if it is manually syndicated?

It may be possible… if it is manually syndicated by user by removing all the expression (NOT NULL)

Best regards,
Pradeep B Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

It is an automatic process.

Regards,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Even though the syndication type is Automatic.

User can also syndicate it manually based on his requirement…

I just wanted you to check if anyone has privileges to syndicator, and also have they done any syndication manually.

Best regards,
Pradeep B Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Even though user can syndicate manually.Here null record is syndicated in automatic process only.

Regards,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Can you confirm it is MDM and not PI that may be causing this issue.(assuming PI is in your landscape)

Did you check values at various check points - From MDM to PI,from PI to Target system etc.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

We are using PI in our landscape.

Regards,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

One possibility can be that for a specific value PI is generating NULL value for that field.

Kindly consider this too.

Thanks,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Can u please explain how PI will generate null value?

Regards,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well a possibility can be that there is a conditional logic for a field (assuming) and that is not generating right result for a specific data value.Since you cannot check the MDM data as it has undergone update nothing can be said with certainty.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

Null record has been syndicated in MDM syndication.If condition is set then null value should not be syndicated but record was syndicated I can able to view the file in archive location.How PI will generate null value can u please explain it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

I was only going by what you said here "This issue is happening once in a month I tried to track the syndicated null record but it was updated now"

So,if you have the archive file then u can reproduce the error and if the issue happens again then it can be reported to SAP.

Thanks,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I have tried the same record in Quality but it was not syndicated.

Regards,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Please compare the map in Quality with that in other environment,perhaps this would help us understand this behavior.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Keerthi,

Select the Suppress Unchanged records in Map Properties, also in Freeform search set expression as NOT NULL.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Girish

Both the options set still null record syndicated

Regards,

Keerthi