cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Connection when Universe is saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Universe with private DB connection of Oracle 11. Now after I have save this .unv file, I want to test it in WEBi. I opened the universe in Webi, but when I try to run a query then its not able to authenticate the Username/pwd for the DB.

Which connection do I need to use to make this work, Shared/Private.? I don't have a secured connection option as of now.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

If it's BO 4.X Creat relational connection over repository once it's been validated . Create connection shortcut to the local project , define your foundation layer and business layer publish the business layer to repository.

Make sure you have access rights to Connction and univese then I am sure you can able to create your sample reports.

On older versions you will have secure  connection option.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

You can create shared/personal connection in universe and can create webi report using rich client and save it locally.

You will not be able to export this universe until you have secured connection.

Also be it a secured or shared connection your login credentials for database will be same in both.

Can you share the screenshot, whatever error are you facing in webi?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, it is not possible to export your universe without secured connection.

How you can see the universe in WebI? are you able to export the universe to repository?