cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Sandpit - STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have cloned our ECC DEV system over onto a sandpit system.

I have changed the hostname in the /usr/sap/DV1/SYS/profile for  DEFAULT, START_DVEBMGS00,

and DV1_DVEBMGS00 profiles.

I have changed the entry in the /etc/hosts file and I have also changed the hostname in the listener and tnsnames.

The sandpit now starts up ok.

Now our STMS Domain controller is held on the current ECC DEV which I have just cloned the sandpit

from.

When I go into STMS on the sandpit system I am seeing the same set up as the current ECC DEV system.

So at the moment there are two STMS configurations. One on the ECC DEV system which is the correct one

and one on the sandpit which I need to remove.

I need to know how to safely remove the STMS configuration on the sandpit without making a mess

of the current ECC DEV system.

Does this make sense to everyone??

Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Connect to the DEV system and check whether the Sandbox is visible in the STMS.

If not then connect to the Sandbox system and run the Tx SE06 and delete the TMS configuration.

I believe you want to configure the Sandbox as a standalone system in the STMS.

If yes then after the TMS deletion call Tx STMS and configure TMS for the sanbox as a single system with the sandbox as the DC.

Create a virtual system.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks RB,

When you say 'Connect to the DEV system and check whether the Sandbox is visible in the STMS'

I just want to double make sure. This STMS gives me the 'creepers jeepers'

I log into existing ECC DEV and go into txn STMS. Once here I see the existing queue

i.e. DV1       DEV SYSTEM

PR1        Production System

PRV        Prod Holding Queue

QA1        QA System

So to test if the sandpit is visible from here do I now go into SAP System=>Create=>External System ??

Thanks for your help

Andy

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andy

First, I would like to know how you want to configure the TMS for the sandbox system ?

When you add a new system to an existing TMS you will need to approve the system from the DC.

Did you do this when configuring the TMS for the sandbox ?

What is the SID of the sandbox system ? I believe the QA1 is not the SID of the sanbox.

Connect to the DC system and call Tx STMS - System Overview (Shift + F6)

Do you see the sandbox here ?

If you dont see it here then the it is unknown to the existing TMS configuration.

You need to connect to the sandbox system and delete the existing TMS configuration of the sandbox system using Tx SE06 - Database Copy or Database Migration

Delete everything here.

Call Tx STMS on the on client 000 and DO NOT include the system in the existing DC if you want to keep this system away from the existing transport configuration.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

I'll try and explain in a bit more detail. The sandpit is a cloned system of our current

ECC Dev system which has a <SID> of DV1.

So both the sandpit and DEV have the same <SID> i.e. DV1. (just to confuse things!)

However, they both have different hostnames - DEV (v-sapdev04),  Sandpit (sap-t-ecc01-l)

Now the STMS currently on DEV looks like this:

When I look at the same txn STMS on the new sandpit sap-t-ecc01-l I see the following:

Which as you can see they are the same. I presume this is because the domain controller

is held on the DEV system.

So in an ideal world I want to obviously leave DEV as it is but change the sandpit to a

virtual system which should just allow me to unlock any transports during the EHP

upgrade.

Hope this explains it a bit better

Andy

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andy

First connect to the sandbox ECC system and delete the TMSADM@XXX and TMSSUP@XXX RFC's pointing to the other systems  (just to avoid some nasty surprises).

The call Tx STMS and Extras - Delete TMS Configuration.

After that check the system overview and see whether it looks alright.

Check whether the original DV1 system TMS and all the other systems in that landscape are working fine.

Reconfigure Sandbox TMS.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you want nothing to change in actual Dev system so first thing you should configure standalone Trans directory for sandpit system.

So set the parameter DIR_TRANS and DIR_EPS_ROOT in the sandpit system as local drive in sandpit. This will keep all the file local for SANDPIT and have no impact on Dev system

Then go in Sm59 and delete all the RFC related to TMS  as suggested earlier.

Then go to stms and delete TMS config.

Then login in 000 with DDIC in snadpit and configure STMS.

If you want then you can create virtual system in then STMS also

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks RB,

I will do that.

Cheers once again

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Rishi

Andy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This issue has now been resolved.

I raised an incident with SAP and they ere able to fix it for me. I didn't want to

risk anything

thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

You need to perform the Post system copy steps. One of steps is to clean out the TMS. Goto Client 000 -> SE06 -> Option 'Database Copy or Database Migration -> click Perform post insallation actions'.

You need to select the options to delete the current TMS along with other steps.

For detailed Post processing steps, you can find many links on google .. one of them is given below:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3237664

Hope it helps.

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what i understand Se06 deletes the STMS Config. this will empty all transports from SE10 unlock objects and reset E070L back to the beginning.

When you call transaction SE06 and trigger the option 'Database Copy or Database Migration' to unlock the objects.SE06 closes the old transport requests i.e. it sets them to status released without doing an export, unlocks (TLOCK empty) the objects and removes the repair flags.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please delete the TMS configuration from your sandbox.

Anyway your Sandbox system is not yet connected to Landscape. So please delete TMS from sandbox and reconfigure the TMS of Sandbox on logging to DEV (Domain Controller)

Generally when we clone a system TMS, Scheduled jobs etc copies exactly from previous system.

As of now TMS for your sandbox is not configured so it wont affect the complete domain.

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do both the system shared same trans directory?

If Yes that you need to be carefull.

Now coming to the point of the STMS configuration in sandpit .

Delete all the TMS related RFC in SM59.

Go in STMS in Sandpit in 000 and then extra and delete TMS config and then reconfigure it . You can define new domain controller in this sandpit system .

Thanks

Rishi Abrol