Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default User Parameters

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want some default parameters automatically be assigned to new users when they are created instead of manually adding every time in su01 transaction code. Do you know how to configure this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

holger_biber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

these Exits will only work in older releases having SAP_BASIS until 7.02!

As of SAP_BASIS 7.31 the new Identity-API is in place having BAdIs like Julius mentioned.

(Please, check notes 1796501, 1750161 and 1780372.)

All of our new BAdIs for the IDENTITY_API are part of the enhancement spot SUID_IDENTITY (see transaction SE18).
You will also find some example implementations there.

To prefill user attributes e.g. parameters for user creation you can use the BadI BADI_IDENTITY_SU01_CREATE.

Merry Christmas,

Holger

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A simple technique that I have used in the past is to have a template UserID that contains your defaults and then just copy that and populate with the variable info like roles, user name etc.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fatih

Create a template user.(which will have the default parameters you needed) and make a copy of template user every tym you create a new user.

Note: You can create a SECATT for tcode SU10 ( I recommend it only when you are creating bulk users frequently like you get creation of users every day like 100 or 50 users )

I hope this helps you

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a way to do it but SAP removed the documentation on it as they wanted to replace it with something better. That became the provisioning framework workflows in SAP IdM.

You can use your own defaults still via customizing IDs in table SSM_CUST -> for events in SU01, you can call custom function modules to populate fields with defaults.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

These settings in SSM_CUST are active in PFCG only but not in SU01 or SU10.

Note 367660 - User exits in user and authorization management

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/367660

SAP_BEFORE_PROF_GEN

SAP_AFTER_PROF_GEN

SAP_BEFORE_BATCH_GEN

SAP_EXIT_AGR_DELETE

SAP_EXIT_AGR_TRANSP

SAP_EXIT_USERS_SAVE        

SAP_EXIT_USER_COPY

SAP_EXIT_USER_DELETE     (called in SU01/SU10, too)

SAP_FULL_USERPROF

SAP_SAVE_AUTH_DATA

SAP_SINGLE_USERPROF

SAP_USERS_TRANSFER     (called in SU01/SU10, too, )

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

That SAP note is no longer released. That is what I meant when I said that the documentation has been removed..  🙂

I was advised not to use these exits anymore as their future was uncertain and that BADIs were planned to replace them.

Cheers,

Julius

holger_biber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

these Exits will only work in older releases having SAP_BASIS until 7.02!

As of SAP_BASIS 7.31 the new Identity-API is in place having BAdIs like Julius mentioned.

(Please, check notes 1796501, 1750161 and 1780372.)

All of our new BAdIs for the IDENTITY_API are part of the enhancement spot SUID_IDENTITY (see transaction SE18).
You will also find some example implementations there.

To prefill user attributes e.g. parameters for user creation you can use the BadI BADI_IDENTITY_SU01_CREATE.

Merry Christmas,

Holger

0 Kudos

Thanks Holger!

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your answer. My Basis version is 7.02. As i understand BADI_IDENTITY_SU01_CREATE is working  for newer Basis versions. What is the name of badi for Basis version 7.02?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi Fatih,

as I wrote the BAdIs BADI_IDENTITY_SU01_CREATE or BADI_IDENTITY_UPDATE do not exist in releases 7.02 and less.

In these old releases we do not have a possibility to prefill user attributes (like parameters) for creating.

In older releases you may use the old exits e.g. the Z_USERS_TRANSFER which you have to put as ID into table SSM_CUST and as PATH you need to put your own function module name.

As example for your function module you may use the function module PRGN_EXIT_USERS_TRANSFER but not need to check for the list of roles in your special case.

But, you need to know that these old exists will not have effect after release 7.02 (if you plan an upgrade) and you need to take care with your implementation not to damage our transaction.

Best Regards,

Holger