cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR Poor Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We are facing problems with PI 7.1 ESR's slow performance . Symptoms are very long login time , and any object opened takes up to 2 minutes to open . Also transaction sproxy in the connected ECC system takes a long time to fetch ESR content from PI. We are restarting the system every time we have this problem and after the restart the performance improves for a week and slows down again.

I am not a basis person and we don't have a lot of basis support for PI . So I was wondering if there are any regular maintenance tasks to be performed on PI to keep the performance at a constant level. any documents blogs pointing to resolving this issue would be helpful.

Also at basis level what are the maintenance tasks that need to be performed?

Looking forward to your replies

thank you !

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for pointing to me to the places where I should be looking . I have had a look at Java systems report . The thing that caught my attention was the Chart for Total Log files size . Recently it has been steadily increasing and is now at the size of 300 MB . How Can i troibleshoot log files size issues and are there any documents explaining this activity ?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check for the configured log sizes for each location in NWA.

300mb per each file is huge i believe.

You can check for the ESR related tracing locations in the below URL and try reducing the size accordingly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/48/aeb18c5bb5356be10000000a421937/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh

300mb is the total size of all of the log files.

Also when i looked at the logs there were few errors in Last 24 hrs ( java) area .

The error is Exception com.sap.engine.services.ts.transaction.TxDemarcationException: Thread is not associated with any transaction context.

Do you know what it means and how to fix it ?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Venkat. May be you can create OSS and provide them with the log files..

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The slow performance of ESR can be caused by java heap size or jvm.

Please monitor the java heap by logging into NWA (with administrator access) --> Moniroting --> Java system reports

you can see the graph of resource consumption. If you are heap size is full or more utulized, you can increase that from exchange profile.

the paramter for heap size

com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.maxheapsize

Hope this help

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please check NWA-> Troubleshooting->Logs and Traces ->Log Viewer

Also check for any ABAP dumps on tcode: st22

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Also at basis level what are the maintenance tasks that need to be performed?

Archive all messages after 7 days and do not keep messages which are older than 2 weeks,delete permanently from archive folder (Its depending on the project and deal with client).

Regards,

Neelima.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I recommend to read the point 3.2.1 in this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

In that section you can find some links to increase PI performance,  give this document to your basis team.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As the ESR content is read from the database, it might be a database access / IO problem.

I saw the same "behaviour" when PI' runs e.g. on a small sized VM that exceeds its memory or other limits.

Hope that gives some hints

With best regards

Sebastian