cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection between two pi systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a requirement in which I have to integrate between SAP FICA and ERP FICO .both  sap and ERP have their PI systems .Please  suggest how can I transfer data between these two systems.

can I have two integrate these PI systems or I have to point ERP system from sap pi or sap ISU system from ERP PI system.

ISU-->SAPPI--->ERP

ISU--->ERPPI--->ERP

.but  for that I have to point integration server of both  isu  and ERP system towards PI system .but  I think one integration server can only point to one system's PI not two system PI. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sonalika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonalika,

Please seperate the system as per Jorg's comments to have different PI connected to ERP and FICA.

you have multiple option to connect two different PI system and based on the version of PI and stack (dual stack and single stack) you can choose the connectivity option.

e.g.

1) If both PI are dual stack you can use XI communication channel (XI adapter) - for any PI version with Dual stack

2) If both or one of them is Single stack then you can use SOAP commnucation

a) SOAP adapter with SOAP protoal

b) SOAP adapter with XI protocol - SAP PI 7.31 sp05 and above

I would also want to add that you can connect two different SAP system to one PI box using proxy communication.

Hope this help

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonalika

Use two PI systems for the communication. The flow will like

SAP ....>  PI(1) SOAP.....> PI(2) SOAP ----->ERP

Also since business systems names will be different in both the PI, use header mapping concepts

during receiver agreement .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonalika,

I would recommend you to cleanly separate landscapes, so assign each ERP to one PI system only. Communication between two ERP systems of different PI systems will use communication between the two PIs. Often the background for that is that the systems are physically on different continents or in a different network zone. So it makes sense to separate landscapes and connect them only via a PI-PI bridge. To do that you can simply use a standard SOAP interface between the two PIs, this works fine.

By the way, it is technically possible to send messages of a particular scenario to a different PI system than the predefined one. You can configure that in SXMB_ADM parameters.

Regards,

Jörg