cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over Delivery Tolerence Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My users maintain over delviery tolerence at sales order line item level and they can do partial deliveries against this quantity including tolerence.For example.

If the order quantity is 100 units and over delviery tolerence is 10% i.e. system should allow delivery of 110 units partially i.e. I should be allowed to deliver 50 units in one delivery and 60 units in another delivery for this I have to maintian 'D' in field 'Part.dlv./item'  in shipping tab at item level.

After maintaing D i can do partial deliveries but the line item status will always be being processed even after the total order quantity including tolerence is completely deliverd.

Can any body suggest how to change the status of sales order line item to complete after the complete delivery.

Else can some body suggest how to delivery the order quantity including the tolerence partially.

Regards,

Udai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I checked in my system ,its working .

Suppose you are maintaining order quantity 100 with over delivery 10% means , should be delivered 110 quantity with two delivery 60 and 50 respectively .

check in sales order item level shipping tab page put over delivery 10% and leave field blank partial delivery/ Item.

after two's delivery document status will shown completed.

Check try once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is the error iam getting.

No delivery-relevant items in order , order type

Message no. VL455

Regards,

Udai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

I have done the scenario again and I believe I have found the issue you are facing about the error VL455.

Let's say you have, order quantity = 100.

and in Shipping tab of line item in sales order, you have

over delivery tolerance = 10 %

under delivery tolerance = 10 %

And now if you deliver the quantities between 90 to 100, the the delivery status will be turned to "fully delivered" due to "under delivery tolerance" and now if you wanna do the another delivery again for the rest of the quantities, then you get the error VL455.

Kindly remove the under delivery tolerance and try to retest the scenario again.

#####################

Also one more possibility is  as following :

Can you please check in item category that what you have set in the field "Item Type". It should be standard item. If it's a value item i.e. "item type = A", then also you won't be allowed to do multiple delivery. Please refer below mentioned note for this.

78285 - Delivery status of value items or text items

I hope this information will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

The delivery have been completed, if u check status of particular order that have been completed.

if your delivering an order quantity 110 means partial delivery happened 60 and 50 respectively so that quantity completely delivered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

If you have set the field 'Part.dlv./item' = 'D', the status of sales order will never be completed.

You can keep the field 'Part.dlv./item' empty (blank), which also allows to create the partial delivery in the system and the status of order will also be set to complete when the deliveries are created for all items.

You can make the field 'Part.dlv./item' blank in customer master data in "Sales area data->shipping tab".

For the currently affected order, goto VA02 -> open the order -> double click on line item -> goto Shipping tab-> remove value "D" from field 'Part.dlv./item' .

I hope this information will help you.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavin,

Thanks for your time.

I am not talking about one particular delivery.

I need to map the following scenario where users will maintain order quantity as 100 units and over delivery tolrence as 10% now system should allow the creation of delivery for 110 units partially

For exmaple 50 units in one delivery and 60 units in another delivery.

So how to map this process.

Regards,

Udai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

Yes it is possible in standard system also. I have checked your complete scenario myself in the system.

Lets say, you have maintained Over delivery tolerance as 10% and field 'Part.dlv./item' as empty in customer master data.

Now if you create an order for 100 quantity, then you can create multiple deliveries as much as you have maintained the value in "Maximum number of deliveries" just below 'Part.dlv./item' field in shipping tab, until the maximum total quantities equal to 110.

Use item category TAN and try the scenario. Make sure the completion rule is not maintained for the item category else system won't allow.

Are you expecting an automatic creation of both the deliveries for your scenario from system?

Please let me know in case of any further queries.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deat Bhavin,

I tried the process you have explained but it is not working for me.

Regards,

Udai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

Are you getting any error during this scenario ? If yes please provide the error number.

Please be aware that in your scenario it is possible to deliver quantities 50 + 60 or 40 + 70 or 50+40+20 in multiple deliveries but not possible like 50+50+10 or 40+60+10.

Regards,

Bhavin