cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Bin for 2 storage locations under same warehouse and plant.

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

The requirement is to keep the stock of a material in 2 different storage locations, but in same bin.

Example

Material A in Storage loc SL1 in bin 3

Material A in storage loc SL2 in bin 3.

But by activating the mixed storage  for storage type, it is allowing to have the same as above, but it also allows other material to be entered in same bin, which is not required.

Please help to find a solution.

Regards

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

Your requirement is a very rare case which goes slightly away from the warehousing methodology. Practically, storage locations are virtual and cannot be identified by the warehouse executives who pick the stock. As plants and storage locations are accounts related, virtual classifications and tough to identify physically as per their characteristics.

As per current configurations, Materials can be completely not allowed to be mixed or completely allowed to mix (with batches), so as to create quants.

Think if you can introduce storage sections which can easily classify the stocks stored.

Truly,

Vimal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you get an error message if you have not activated mixed stock for storage type.

Can you tell which one. Maybe this information can help towards a solution.

I am pretty certain that it is possible, as it was quite common in a ex-subsidiary  where we had 2 plants linked to the same warehouse. And a movement between those 2 plants was just a transfer posting because the material is not moved away from the bin. But I cant remember about any effect from the mixed storage indicator, maybe not because we usually have it activated with X because we want store different batches in the same bin.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgan

In my opinion instead of using 'X' we can use the 'B'  in the mixed storage to store more then one batch for the same material however your expert input is required

Regard

Manish kumar

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Please find the error screen shot below.

Moving from Sloc 1 to Sloc 2. Below is the storage type details.

Regards

Prabhu

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

By looking at the transfer order it looks like storage type 210 is SU managed as system is trying to create a Storage unit. in my opinion in this case the value in mixed storage should be 'B-Several batch per bin and storage units'. Try to change the value from Blank to 'B' and recreate the Transfer order

Regard

Manish

Message was edited by: MANISH KUMAR

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the reply.

But it is not allowing to change B.

Regards

Prabhu

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

with  Mixed storage 'B' you can store more then one batch of the same material in the same storage unit

with 'C' you can store storage unit with one material and batch only.

Check you business scenario and if C satisfy the requirement please change and rerun the test.

Regard

Manish

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the reply, but i am getting error for "C" also. same error

Regards

Prabhu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

following fields are checked in the mixed storage check:

from include LL03AF1S:

WHERE MATNR <> LTAP-MATNR

OR WERKS <> LTAP-WERKS

OR LGORT <> LTAP-LGORT

OR CHARG <> LTAP-CHARG

OR BESTQ <> LTAP-BESTQ

OR SOBKZ <> LTAP-SOBKZ

OR SONUM <> LTAP-SONUM.

if one of this fields is different to the existing quant in the destination bin, then you need to have mixed storage allowed.

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the reply. I understood why it is asking for mixed storage.

But this is the requirement, the material from storage location A has to be moved to storage location B with same bin to avoid the physical movement of the stock.

Please let me know hoe to achieve this requirement, without mixed storage activation for storage type.

With Regards

Prabhu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will be possible if you do a transfer posting for the entire stock, it is not possible if you just transfer a part of the stock, as you then have 2 quants in 1 bin, a quant with plant A and another quant with plant B. And this situation requires mixed storage.

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

This is possible when there is already a BIN - SLOC connection. For example.

1) Accepted --> When material M is moved from SLOC 1 to SLOC 2 with same bin A, if there is bin A already exists in SLOC2 ( which was done with mixed storage). I believe this works as addition to stock as the

2) Unaccepted --> when the bin A is not already created in the destination SLOC2.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I do not understand how you create bins per storage location. Bins are created per warehouse and storage type only.

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yes you are correct, we create storage locations for storage types not for storage locations.

But as per the requirement (same bin-A1, same storage type, different storage locations), when we activate mixed storage, we can transfer as per the requirement.

And after removing the mixed storage also we can add the stock into the bin - A1 which we added stock previously.

But if a stock is there in bin-B1 in storage location S1 and without mixed storage if we try to move the stock to storage location S2 to bin-B1, there will be error of mixed storage not allowed.

This is what i would like to say.

Regards

Prabhu

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Will there be any user exit to work on this requirement.

Regards

Prabhu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP checks the target quant data when you add material to an existing bin,

if the field values are different, then you have to have mixed storage allowed, otherwise you get the error.

if you switch of mixed storage in customizing, then this does not do anything to the existing quants.

If you move again material to that bin, then SAP is just checking if the values match with existing quant values, which is the case, hence you do not get the error message anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you activated mixed stock for storage type, obviously system will allow to put more than one material in same bin. If you want to avoid mixing material un check 'allow mixed stock' box but check 'addition to existing stock' checkbox

BR

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Thanks for the reply.

The "addition to existing stock" indicator is already checked, it is working for same storage bin and same storage location.

But for different storage bin and different storage location it is not working.

Regards

Prabhu

former_member726449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen, Csaba,

Kindly help me for a solution.

Regards

Prabhu