cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we pass an XSD to Excel through Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been able to successfully export 'simple' data from Dynpro to excel through the resource cashe however we now have an additional challenge of exporting data in a complex "parent / child" relationship into excel.

The only way I can think of doing this is exporting an XSD along with the XML represenation of the data and somehow get excel to accept both.

Has anyone out there had experience with this?

-Sheldon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheldon, <b>XSD</b> is XML schema, why do you need to pass it to Excel? XSD is already defined (See http://www.ecma-international.org/news/TC45_current_work/Ecma%20TC45%20OOXML%20Standard%20Schemas%20... for example).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The internal (head office) users want to work with excel spreadsheets for the most part .... the Dynpro app is simply used by external people to enter data into a stock ledger

So an admin will go into the Dynpro app and click on an "Export to Excel" function whenever they want to pass the data around to others.

In this case the data is in a fairly complex "Parent Child" relationship and I want to try and maintain this within the excel document.

a simplified example would be:

GLOBAL UNIT SALES 80

-> Americas 20

-> Asia 20

-> Africa 10

-> Europe 30

FORCAST UNIT SALES 70

-> Americas 20

-> Asia 20

-> Africa 10

-> Europe 20

So once it is exported to Excel I need it to still have the roll-ups represented in the same way. Prehaps there is another way of doing this ...

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

How did you acheive this.Me too in similar situation.

Export data using binary..but it loses format and arrangements as default xml data is used.

How to pass xsd and generate xml list.

Any help and examples would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashok