cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple entries in single input parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some doubts, I have made an input parameter which selects a date n gives the data of that particular date. I have successfully pass it

to BO but now I have to pass it to cognos is it possible? if yes then how to do so..

Second question is.. my requirement is like.. I have to show week wise data to user so Is it possible to pass more than one value in input parameter?

Or any other way to show weekwise data through input parameter. my input parameter is taking the date between two columns, START_DATE

and END_DATE.

for ex: As on 1st dec 2013 whatever is the value of different columns coming from different tables that will be displayed.

Please help me in displaying week wise data.

Regards

Karishma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karishma,

I am not familiar with COGNOS so I can't comment on it's capabilities however personally I have handled date ranges via input parameters by using two separate input parameters.  ie: one for your start date and a second for your end date.  (I'm assuming for some reason you truly need an input parameter and you can't pass the dates in an SQL statement where condition from Cognos?)

Then in my calculation view I'm processing the two dates via a projection like this;

var_out = CE_PROJECTION ( :vartable, ["MENGE" As TOTALQUANTITY, "MJAHR"], '"MJAHR" >= :StartYear and "MJAHR" <= :EndYear');

I hope this helps and maybe somebody else can comment more on cognos capabilities.

-Patrick