cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice without PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On production server, my client cropped one issue where he had not done PGI but could save invoice with accounting entries generated. it was just one of the case where PGI button is still enabled in VL02N. Items are picked and the Total goods movement status shows 'Not yet Started' and still the document flow shows the invoice being done with same items and quantities after Picking request. The item category has delivery related billing enabled. what could be the reason? we are not able to reproduce the case with same items and doc types in pre-production environment.

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz change to 003 instead of 001 and test once in dev..it will be helpful.

001 itself is been used for header order related..

plz change to 003

regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Binita,

Can you please confirm 1st as what's the bussiness process at your end. Is it

1. Sale Order -> Delivery Order --> Billing w.r.t Delivery Order (Delivery Related Billing)

or

2. Sale Order --> Delivery Order --> Billing w.r.t Sale Order (Order Related Billing)

Now if there's a 1st case then Copying requirements should be '003' in VTFL. Please make sure that the assignments of Item Category are also in sync. Try the same by creating new documents and revert back with your findings. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz check copy control from delivery to billing VTFL.. copy control from like Delivery to Billing  at header Copying requirements  use "011"

And make note its not credit or debit memo.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK:

I am not sure which view you want to see from OBD OR if these screenshots would suffice any information.

1) Document flow which clearly shows PGI after Invoice:

2) OBD picking view:

3) Invoice  which was saved before PGI:

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it normal sale or sale return process?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In sales returns, we wont have PGI button .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you both for replying.

no my copy control is not 011.

I am attaching two screen shots of Header and Item level copy control from VTFL:

Header:

Item: (TAN)

also, everytime it does give the error when PGI is pending and somebody attempts to make an invoice. I am still wondering why it allowed once.

thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz change to 003 instead of 001 and test once in dev..it will be helpful.

001 itself is been used for header order related..

plz change to 003

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Also, everytime it does give the error when PGI is pending and somebody attempts to make an invoice. I am still wondering why it allowed once.

Thanks for sharing above screen shots.

I am too also.If you don't mind ,can you share that screen shot of OBD for understanding.

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is a rare case, then you need to raise OSS message.  No need of checking your configuration settings.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PGI and PGR are same for me

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also with the same opinion. If every setting is correct and still this is rare case then OP should raise OSS note. May be SAP will ask for test case and OP won't be able to create new test case. Its strange situation

I had once faced the issue of duplicate material document against one PGI and I raised OSS note and SAP gave me a program and SAP note 424414 to rectify it but they didnt know the reason why system did that. Sometimes system behaves as it shouldn't and we have to rectify the error manually and hope that system won't do it again

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know, in copying control ,which routine your are using in the field copying routine ?

if you use routine 11 ( copying routine in VTFL ) then you can create invoice without doing PGI of OBD.

Thanks,

Naren