cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager on HPUX with oracle DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to install solution manager for existing ABAP stack on hpux with oracle as db.Can this be done i am not sure whether we can install SM on an existing ecc6 abap stack server.

For testing we have backed up the prod server (Whole) and restored in a new machine, on this machine we are supposed to install SM.

Please help me find the way to do this or is there any other way we can set SM on the system.

SAP Ecc6.0 release 640 oracle 11g, hpux 11i64

Thanks in advance,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install Solman 7.1 on the existing host with Different Sid keeping in consideration that you have memory and CPU required as per the sizing of the solution manager.

We are trying to install solution manager for existing ABAP stack on hpux with oracle as db.Can this be done i am not sure whether we can install SM on an existing ecc6 abap stack server

But if you are thinking to install in the solman in ECC system you cant ....

So you will have to follow the installation guide of Solmam.

Get new file system created for Solman Oracle . get SIDadm and orasid ceated for this solman. Get an ip address for this solmnam for this system and go for installation.

Just keep in mind that as you have existing oracle already installed ,you will have to adjust the oraparam.ini file before installing the oracle for Solman.

Thanks

Rishi abrol