cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect GRC RAR to a new SAP instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on SCN so not even sure if I am posting this correctly.

Goal:

I am trying to connect our existing GRC 5.3 RAR to a new SAP instance and apply the same global SoD rule set.

As per the Configuration Guide (SAP GRC Access Control 5.3) I have to do the following:

1. Connect GRC RAR to the new SAP instance with an RFC connection.

2. Assign the new SAP instance to the existing "Logical System" so the same ruke set can be applied.

Question:

This sounds simple and straighforward. So am I missing anything? I am very new so if you can explain in easy terms will be helpful.

Thanks everyone.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm assuming you are referring to risk analysis only and GRC is not used for anything else

The 5.3 configuration guide is quite detailed on what to do so I can understand you asking yourself if you are missing anything ... That aside, make sure you consider:

• After completing connectors set up your user, role and profile sync jobs
  • Confirm that the Functions have been maintained against a Logical System and not a Physical System
  • Check if you have cross-systems configured as well
  • If you have batch risk analysis, look at the Exclusions for roles and profiles to see if you need to add any for the new connector
  • You *may* need (can't remember) to generate the rule set for the logical system - I don't think you do. That aside, run a risk report and if no data comes up then that may be a reason.

Good luck

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen!! Will definately follow these steps to ensure it is working properly.

Much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Moin