Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting events via the BAPI

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send me step by step process as how events can be posted using the bapi- /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Please refer to the following documentation below.  Some great information from Kevin Wilson with QData USA Inc. and also from SAP on the subject.

You can also simulate the BAPI by running SE37 in test mode for function module /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02

Regards,

Jonathan Hansen

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

thx for sharing the document.

But I would like to know step by step with screeenshot how event can be posted by running SE37 in test mode for function module /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02.

also how we can create the test directory and whats the use

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

look here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35878

Best regards.

Steffen

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

so if we use the above BADI, thenthere will be event propagation from EM to EM and the actual data is processed syncronously between EM to TM.

However in the document I do not find reference where we input event code and tracking id and then save the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

As requested, attached are some screenshots of how a very simple event message can be posted in test mode from function module /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02. Obviously, you would need to use your own event ID, tracking code set, and tracking ID. I am only filling out the TRACKINGHEADER segment here. You can also fill out the other segments if needed.  The test directory is only used if you wish to save/store test data (if desired).

Regards,
Jonathan Hansen

Fill out the TRACKINGHEADER segment:

After filling out the segment green arrow back and then press the execute button.

View the return results to see if it posted successfully or had an error:

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the behaviour depends on your rule set. The BAPI only sends the event. The processing is done based on the settings in your rule set. IF EM-TM integration activity is used of course Propagation would work.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (0)