cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when changing Travel Expense in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I am getting the below error when trying to change a Trip Expense in ESS.

I tried searching it online, but couldnt find any relevant information.

Kindly share your thoughts as to what could be missing.

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has nothing to do with authorizations. The error message is saying it all, your end user doesn't have a respective entry for the OBN-Object. If you want to understand in-depth what's happening, debug CL_FITV_NAVIGATION->NAVIGATE_TO_OBJECT.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit

This error is coming because the application can't reach the target "Travel Navigation.call Travel request" However, if the information has not been configured, NWBC has no possible way to resolve this call. To be very clear, this is not an error in NWBC, but usually a configuration error in the applications, the roles created or the roles assigned to the user.

Check whether there are other roles defined that already have a definition for this target OBN. It could be that the user is just missing that role assignment. First, use report  NWBC_LIST_OBN_TARGETS from transaction SE38 with the input parameter the OBN target that needs to be resolved. Compare the found roles to the roles that have been assigned to the user (check SU01).

Now when u compare the roles from NWBC report (SE38) with SU01, u can trace the missing roles in SU01, this means the target OBN need to be assigned to the user & it could be the missing of assignment for this additional role

Note: Make sure that you take ur Basis support for detailed knowledge of all roles and their functionality to know whether assigning the role to the user in the specific context is correct or not.

Hope this info will solve ur Issue

Cheers

Pradyp

0 Kudos

Agree with all Pradyp has said on this but also check, if you can also test the role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 - if you look at this in PFCG -is there any BAdI implemation for PTRM_NEW_HRESS_MENU that could be hiding the application alias CallTravelRequest?

i) To test NWBC use transaction nwbc in SAPGUI.-  All roles assigned to your user are shown.

ii)To test a role not assigned to your user -   (if necessary ignore authority checks).

Maybe this helps also

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by assigning the below roles.

SAP_FI_TV_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_FI_TV_TRAVEL_ASSISTANT

SAP_FI_TV_TRAVEL_MANAGER

SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER

SAP_FI_TV_WEB_TRAVELER

SAP_FI_TV_WEB_TRAVELER_EXT_TP

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

From the screenshot it looks like that you re trying to change a Travel Request with Approval status 'Open' and you don't seem to have the authorisation to do this. Can you please check that you have 'W10' (Write Trip data, Request, Open) in AUTHF for authorisation object P_TRAVL.

Look at the link below for more detail

Authorization Checks in Travel Expenses - Travel Management (FI-TV) - SAP Library

Hope this helps

Ankur

P.S. I think the above might not be the correct solution, just seen your message properly and it looks like the there is an issue with the Object based Navigation - the link below has got some information regarding this. Sorry could help more.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

Thanks for the quick response, however I have SAP_ALL

Do i still need the specific authorizations ?