cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export BO universe to excel file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to export universe metadata to excel file which includes mainly the following

- Object Properties

-     Class

- Sub Class    

- Object name

- Object Description

- Object Definition

-------

Requirement:  I have thousands of objects in my universe, so some objects among them have not updated with object description. So need to filter the objects without description and need to update those objects with the specific description.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the XI days we used an excel VBA macro to extract the info, you could even update details from the spreadsheet into the universe.

Now in BI4 I save to text file then replace the spaces with ";" to seperate the 'columns' of data and a 'tab' to seperate the records. It takes a little bit of fiddling, but is worth the effort. I now have a spreadsheet format of all 5000 objects and their metadata including SQL.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

It seems your approach helps me.

I am using SAP BO XI 3.1 SP6 platform:

Any how I am using XI 3.1 SP6.

Version: 12.6.1

Build: 1691

Please send me the relevant doc, so that i can follow that.

Note: Lets pull all info from universe and then we can filter(fields without description) the required info.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look on the Business Objects Board, aka BOB:

www.forumtopics.com/busobj

In the BOB's Downloads section, you will find a couple of topics with files that will be useful for you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the Universe Documenter in this blog.

Universe Documenter

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Please try these steps in IDT:

1) In the local resources window-> Select the BL and click on 'Save As..'

this generates a .pdf, which may be of help.

Regards,

Rupali

0 Kudos

Please do not answer the question if you cannot stick to the topic. Its not really nice to confuse the people

abhinav_shrivastava1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

It is difficult to find the objects in universe which don't have any Description, because Universe Objects detials are maintained inside .UNV Metadata, which cannot be retrieved by using Query Builder or any administrative tool.

The Object IDs are maintained internally and not visible to us.

-Abhi