cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding field to inbox preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

Is there a way to add SC item fields in the inbox. For example, we have a request to add purchasing group in the inbox. I know this not standard enhancement, but was wondering if any of you have come across such changes to the inbox preview in SRM.

Thanks,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

requirement is a little bit strange described.

You have an inbox application for all workflow elements. For example, approval of shopping carts, goods receipts, approval of business trips, working time, vacations, creation of business partners and users, etc.

What is a meaning of purchasing group for other types of workitems?

As for shopping cart. Workitems can be generated for the single position, group of positions or for the whole shopping cart. Positions in the sopping cart can have different purchasing groups. How should it work then, if you have workitem for shopping cart with different purchasing groups?

But nevertheless. Try following: http://scn.sap.com/people/avantika.kakran2/blog/2010/10/06/custom-attributes-in-uwl

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for the information. To give you a bit of background on this request, we have multiple buyer in a given purchasing organization and the buyer would like to see SC only with their purchasing group. The buyer are part of the approval process (to make necessary adjustment and fill in quote details before SC goes to next level of approval). We do not use HR to route workflow. I am not sure if there is a better way to route SC based on purchasing group. We were looking at having purchasing group populated in inbox, which might help identifying carts.

Thanks,

Ashwin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

as for me, what you described is a typical Workflow functionality.

SRM, at least in 7.01 has an approver determination strategy, called SC_RR_PURCHASING_GROUP Shopping Cart: Get Purchasers of Purch. Groups for Approval. You can use this one, or define your own - so your purchasers will receive only workitems, the responsible for.

Regards

Konstantin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've already posted an info, how you could develop your own Workflow.

Please check,

Regards

Konstantin

Answers (0)