Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find AND of roles in AGR_USERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a business requirement where Manager wants to see users who are assigned set of roles. In AGR_USERS if I enter 4 roles, it will provide all the users who have those 4 roles using OR logic(i.e even if one user has only one role out of 4 it will be displayed in result). I want to find users who have access to four roles with AND logic(only display users who have all 4 roles).

Is it possible in standard SAP without using ABAP code?

Thanks for the help!!!

7 REPLIES 7

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can use tcode- SUIM for all kinds of combination inputs.

Navigate to users-->By complex search criteria.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I already checked the reports that are available in SUIM. Those reports are not meeting the requirement that I have mentioned here.

Thanks for looking into this.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can still use SUIM.

Go to User-->Users by Complex Selection Criteria  and then use profile name(generated by the role) with 'and' conditions. But the restriction here is only 3 profiles can be compared.

If no. of roles are >3 then you need to do a custom development.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. This has solved the issue for me right now.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you only need this as a one-off request, extract to Microsoft Excel and do a Pivot Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

This is not for one off request. I need to find a way to be able to execute that report more frequently. I am looking for it if this is already possible through standard SAP. Else I have to write SQ01 query based on AGR_USERS with ABAP code.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a lot of ways of doing this actually. If you know what functional capabilities are being looked for then you can search for either roles or users (regardless of roles) which have it.

If you need complex AND / OR relationships for analysis of more than 3 objects then you can use RSUSR_008_009_NEW. it gives you the option to check both roles individually for functionality and users based on their assignments (regardless where it comes from).

The trick is that you must define what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Julius