cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import and Domestic Spares in Warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using valuation types for spares procurement i.e. Domestic (R1) & Imported (R2) and spares are stored in workshop where WM is implemented. Domestic and Import Spares are kept in different racking system for e.g. S1 & S2 hence we have created separate storage type S1-Domestic Spares & S2-Imported Spares for this.

We are going by Fixed Bin strategy. Hence Storage Type wise Fixed Bins are created and assigned in Material Master for e.g. for Domestic (R1) - S1-01 bin is assigned and for Import (R2) valuation type S2-1 bin is assigned.

My problem is that Storage type indicators are at WHS level and hence we are not able to direct system to pick fixed bin from Storage Types. I hope problem is clear. Looking for expert advice.

Thanks,

Munawwar Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i understood correctly. you are having two storage types S1 and S2 and you are working with fixed bin strategy.

you want to trigger the perticular storage types, please create a picking area and assigned to storage types

please let me know if required further support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope you are using picking strategy as P -

P    Fixed bin from material master

Thanks

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

For Putaway strategy/Stck removal wer are using strategy "F- Fixed Bins"

Thanks,

Munawwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear how the picking areas will help to search fixed bin from material master if storage indicator is not maintained or maintained only for Domestic Storage Types.

Pls clarify the steps.

Regards,

Munawwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Munawwar,

pl try with below setting for picking area configuration, and also given steps to go with special mvt indicator.

you can choose whatever will be best option as per business requirement.

Picking area Picking area - given some examples

LE-WM-Master data- define picking area

WM/storagetype/picking area

here - two different storage types is having same picking area.

define Storage type indicator

Search strategy for picking

Storage bin created for 10R and 20R storage types having common picking area

Material master

------------

Special movement indicator

Storage type search strategy

Master data

Storage bin

Spro-LE-WM-Activities-define mvt types

LE-WM-interfaces-difine mvt types-interfaces

Manish can add if any step missed out from above.

Pl let me know if required further info.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Munawwar,

please try with enclosed file.

please let me know - are your using SUT?

Thanks

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

If I understand well the point...you want to assign a fixed bin to a certain material.

Please note that you need to open the material master data WM2 view at storage type level....and then you indicate the fixed bin. See images below:

in your serrching strategy for the storage type, you have to point to the storage type with the fixed bin strategy, then the system will check which bin the material is assigned to

Hope this is helpful

BR

Claudio

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Munawwar,

If i understood your query correctly then i can see two scenario here

1) if the material number is same then as you stated it is difficult to influence the search strategy because the storage type indicator u define in WM1 view is at WH level

2) if the material number are different then u can create two separate storage type indicator and can play with the setting in the storage type search strategy.

Regard

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

We have first scenario here.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Munawwar,

i am not 100% sure about the solution however i will request you to go through the below solution and let me know ur view,

1) Create a special movement indicator in the

IMG--LE--WM---Master Data---Material ---Special movement indicator

2) Assign this movement indicator into the WM1 view

3_  create two separate storage type search strategy one with special movement indicator and another  with blank in the special movement indicator

4) Try to do the Receipt

Theoritically it should work.Let me know ur view

Regard

Manish kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the response.

I have created a Special Movement Indicator. Pls let me know how to create search strategy based on sp mov indicator.

I am only aware of WM Mov linkage to Inv Movement type using this functionality that will influence TR/TO creation.

Thanks,

Munawwar