cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFM (Status) based on Item Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard package (SAP  5.0) does not allow Item-Type specific settings for status flow (DFM).

We are looking to update the Initiative (and Initiative Decision Point) status from the Item (and Item Decision Point) status, respectively. The configuration does not distinguish between Item Types in this configuration.

Is it possible to set Item-Type specific configuration. Accordingly, when the Item (or DP) status changes, the system must update the Initiative (or DP) status only based on Item Type. Eseentially, this means, the DFM must work for some Item Type, and not for the others, for this flow.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

this is a long missing feature of DFM - I wish the customizing would be item-type specific. But I really like the approach described by Lashan above - this is the way to go i believe !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably not ideal, but if you want to avoid development you could define a different status network for each item type DP. For example, if you have status called in "In Process" you will have to define several of these with the same text, but different item type specific status codes. You will then use these item type specific status codes in the DFM config.