cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble starting Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I just installed a donated copy of SAP Lumira Standard that i got from Techsoup Sweden for my nonprofit. As i try to open the program i get the error message The configuration area at "serveradress/redirectedfolders/my.login/.sapvi/configuration" is not writeable. Please choose a writeable location using the -configuration command line option.

How can i solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Usually a keycode is used to 'unlock' the Standard edition of the solution.

Have you tried uninstalling everything that you have (re: lumira), downloading from the official saplumira.com page, and then re-installing it with your proper keycode?

Let us know if that works,

Bijan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes! I tried that, and entered the valid key during installation. Thats not the issue. I cant even get the program to start, i just get this dialogue box.

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

can you please check whether you got administration rights on your pc?

Best Regards,

Clarissa

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've never seen this error before "invalid configuration location" .. and the filepath is strange with those 'redirected' folders.

just to reiterate, this tool is supposed to be installed on a client PC where the application, content, and sysdb are all locally available (not on a terminal server or some other 'master install' on a remote server)

regards,

H

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Close to the SAP Lumira executable, you find this file SAP Lumira.ini.

In there you find this line:

-Dosgi.configuration.area=@user.home/.sapvi/configuration

It seems your @user.home is redirecting to the redirected folders path and you do not have write rights on this location. I suggest you change the configuration value to a location (in your local disk drive) where you have write rights.

Tell me how this goes.

Best

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Henry on this one. Seeing that strange path doesn't make sense.

Have you tried uninstalling everything and re-installing it from the official page? (saplumira.com)

Please let us know if you've found a solution, and what it was.

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I, too, had this unfortunate SAP Lumira error but found this reference for how to change your @user.home in the Windows registry.

windows 7 - Java user.home is being set to %userprofile% and not being resolved - Stack Overflow

Answers (0)