cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo - iOS - Label Wrap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On iOS, I have a detail screen field of edit type - Label. The label is not getting wrapped to the next line. Kindly see the attached screen shot.

Any ideas as to how I can make it wrap?

Regards

Ankur Malhotra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

The purpose of the label is to set a label/tag for your field.  It is in front of the field or giving the field a name.

In practice, the user or designer will limit the length of the label so that the entry field (ex: string field) will have some space on the mobile device.  They normally abbreviate ex: From Workorder ________ to WO ___________ (where ___ is the entry field).

For your issue:

An idea is to create 2 fields for your design and lay them out side by side using the wizard (screen designer). Don't put a label for your button anymore but use the field next to it as label (Read only)

------------Mobile Screen--------------------

|     String_Field1          |   Button             |

|                                                            |

|                                                            |

----------------------------------------------------

The String_Field1 is of Edit Type String where you can wrap it based on its parameter (Wrap). It will be used as a read only with a constant initial value of = Send Attachments Now.  There may be some cool technique you can do with designing it by adding styles but that is up to you if you want to try that suggestion.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your help. I have made some progress. Now instead of Label Edit Type fields.. I am using String Fields with no label - The value inside them is the real label.

In the attached screen, you can see the update. There are three fields. First and Last are String Type fields whose values contain the text I want on screen.

The only issue now is the little blue arrow next to these fields, which I think comes automatically because of Wrap Functionality turned on. Not sure about that.

Any idea how I can remove that blue arrow.. while having the wrap.

Thanks

Ankur

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

That might be built in for iOS clients to indicate a wrap. What if you just allow for your string definition a carriage returns (Found in the same area you specified the word wrap function) would that help remove the blue arrow? Just press enter instead of word wrap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

These are just read only fields. Their purpose is just to show the text to the user. So when you say 'press enter instead of word wrap' - the user cannot perform this action.

Regards

Ankur Malhotra

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

In that case, it is iOS related because that does not exist in PocketPC form. It's an iOS built in feature.You may try to see if you can play with sizing (horizontal or vertical) to see if you can push ithe arrow outside the viewable screen. But outside of that I have no other idea that could help remove the arrow button. Worst comes to worst it will be a feature request (Either to allow labels to do wrapping or for wrapping a string field to have the ability/option to remove the arrows). Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for your answers. I will mark this question - answered.

I will think about raising a feature request with SAP.

Regards

Ankur

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

You can set the Enable Rule on your multi-line string fields to "Always Disable" and this will remove the blue arrow disclosure button from the field.  The only problem there is that the text will display as disabled without giving you style control.  Not very pretty, but may work for you.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP