cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Enterprise App from Afaria 7 SP4 without any prompt.

0 Kudos

Hi,

in Afaria 7 SP4, I can push the enterprise application with the button Update Policy and with the right application policies applied on device, does anyone know if is possible to install the app remotely without any activity for the user?

When I click on the Update Policies button the device promt the attached message.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Android  AES2 Device its possible to install the application without user knowledge.

For IOS user need to manually click the install button,

Regards

Chetan

0 Kudos

Hi,

there is some workaround to install the app without user knowledge on iOS device?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , i dont think there is any workaround because its IOS OS restriction .

But once its install you can remotely uninstall setting policy for MDM control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually there is. You can set the device in supervised mode using (a complete wipe and ) Apple's Configurator running on OS X only.

Think class room sets or other devices that MUSt look exactly the same. For "normal" enterprise use you can't do this as just as Chetan said.

BR

Peter

0 Kudos

Now it's work.

Thanks.

former_member194958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the knowledge you provided about Apple Configurator.

But do you know besides app installation in background, can we launch app, close and delete app without user interaction just with Afaria and Apple configurator tools?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Olga

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't tested this, but you should be able to go into "single-app" mode from Afaria on a supervised device. When you do this that particular app goes into foreground and launches. When you exit single-app mode then you exit the app.

Also any managed app (supervised or non-supervised) can be removed by MDM

BR

Peter

Answers (0)