cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trips printing with zero trip number

0 Kudos

Hello:

We rely on individual users to print their travel claims. The printouts are attached to the receipts and sent to Head Office for scanning. Part of the scanning key is the trip number. The issue we face is that there is nothing to stop users from printing the claims BEFORE they are saved. If printed before saving, the trip number on the printout is zeroes. These then get sent to Head Office and there is a lot of manual investigation required to track down the trip number so the document can be properly scanned and indexed.

Is there any way to prevent the user from printing a claim before it is saved?

Right now, the users can enter receipts in PR05 and then, at any time before SAVE is clicked, the user can click Simulate, and from there get to List>Print. This prints the trip with 0 trip number. A sample of the header that gets printed is shown below.

2013/12/04      T R A V E L  E X P E N S E  S T A T E M E N T

Name         CARYL LOOKER                                    Simulation
Personnel   820237                      Company               Union Reg
Trip no        0000000000              XX/YY Ontario         Cost cente53546

Help!!!

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I don't think you can avoid it being printed at that point without a major mess-up of transaction status. You should be able to block simulation before saving all together with a small implicit enhancement and a nice debugging execrise to get the right data together.

But I know the problem and the best (and cheapest) answer I can give you if focusing on process but get the system helping you a bit with it:

You can configure the trip schema to pop a message, when teh user is saving the trip. So, you could have this message saying "If you have printed the trip simulation before, please print it again now to make sure the most current version including the trip number is used for reimbursement. Failing to do so will cause unnecessary delays to you being reimbirsed for your expenses." or something along these lines.

This is where you assign the message:

before assigning the message here you need to create a custom message in table T100 (you can access it through SM31). If you are not familiar with that process, I'm sure any developer in your organisation will be or you'll find documentation in SAP help or SCN.

best wishes from London

Sven

0 Kudos

Hi Sven:

Thanks for your feedback.

I am interested in your comment regarding a small implicit enhancement to block the simulation prior to saving.

We already have a pop-up message when saving. I've proposed we add text to the existing message saying to print the claim after saving but my client thinks that the end users are so used to seeing the existing message that they ignore it.

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lisa,

I'm afraid I don't have the out-of-the- box answer. Would need to spend some happy time debugging to find the right place and data for the enhancement, but pretty confident it should be possible at the right point in the process for the system to knwo the context and user the simulation has been triggered from and then block it. Not an unusual type of problem. But probably nothing to be done in a few minutes.

Tip: this kind of research is best done after hours with nobody calling and a supply of full-bodied inspiring red wine - no more than two glasses, though

kind regards

Sven

Answers (0)