Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing effort estimation for ChaRM chages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using Solman 7.1 SP6

We follow ChaRM process like creating RFCs & then CDs and deliver chnages to production.

I want to know where to capture Effor Estimation for particular change.

I know we can add the efforts spent in Time Recording for Particular chnage. But this is not the estimated effort, this is actual effort.

But is there any way where I can submit the Effort Estimation before we actually start working on change in RFC.

No clue but can we use Service Request for same, will it allow to capture effort estimation.

Regards

P K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

effort estimation not available as standard charm config  . But if you are sp10, you can integrate charm with PPM where you can get all the project management functions like time recording, effort estimation

check page no 15  Fast Track Project Management with SAP PPM in 30 days! Managing pro...

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi,

Without PPM what is the workaround.

Regards

PK

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Does any one have new input about effort estimation based on RFC or/and change document ? any new option in SP10 ?

PPM seem not to be a good answer, as it's too "high level workload"...

My goal is to catch & track the development workload based on RFC or change document.

Change document would be preferable, as we have SAP ECC workload, SAP SCM workload, Non-sap system workload ... etc). RFC could be to general...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Louis,

You may try to setup SLA for change documents and then automatically fill duration with status restrictions if needed.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

As an option why not try to use Categories field? f.e. you can make Cat 4 or 5 lvl with Estimation values.

This values will be availble in Reporting also.

The best option Date rules i think.

Rg Dan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK

There are various ways of doing it

by creating new field like above mentioned etc.or PPM integration(if you know PPM) but that is not simple and you need to upgrade as well

there is simple solution if you know how the date profile works

We already have Date Block field on the SMCR screen which you can utilize for this by creating a custom date rule currently it always display current +3 days but you can modify as per requirement like on certain parameter.

Another way is  you can also implement a BADI like ORDER_SAVE which will check certain parameter like priority etc and fill the value in any field as per your requirement.

Choice is yours and as per design.

Hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I am not sure to follow you with the Dates rules ....

Capturing effort estimation, is mainly to estimate workload on each RFC document. (SMCR).

For example, a planned change that would impact an interface, will be described by 1 RFC, .. with

multiple system impacted. (let's SAP ECC, SAP PI, and a Non-sap system.)

It's usualy different team ... so, my requirement would be to manage effort estimation for each system impacted. SAP ECC= 3 days, SAP PI = 1 days, etc.

Then reporting is necesarry behing ....  but it's quite hard with Charm. 

The Solman BW (called ITSM analytics) reporting is a nightmare...

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

hello PK,

I add the same requirement and found nothing to manage it.

I add a Z workload field in our Change document ... to maintain the effort estimation & remaining development workload.

If you found another solution I am interested in!  .. cause I am not really satisfy of my Z customizing.