cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Supplier Registration via workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to place a custom phase(with approval workflow) in between Modified phase and Approved phase in Supplier Registration via workflow as shown in  below screenshot.

But getting the following error if approver  approves the supplier(provided the workflow is absolutely correct.)

As a workaround, I have introduced one more phase(without workflow) in between Approval phase(custom) and Approved phase(standard) and changed the configuration and workflow accordingly. This solution worked and Supplier is registered successfully with no error messages in the background.

Can anyone let me know why the system is behaving like this.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regard,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

So initially before modification was there another approval step?  It is possible that what you introduced was back to back approval steps which has been noted to be problematic in the past.  The fact that when you added an additional phase without an approval caused the problem to go away sort of indicates this as well. As Shyam indicated even if this wasn't a problem, your configurable phase was not quite right as the approval phase should have two valid next phases; approved or rejected.  You might also check your current config to make sure this path is covered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like your phase config is wrong. Try below steps.

1) Assign Approved & Rejected as valid next phases to Custom phase

2) Assign custom phase as valid previous phase to Approved & Rejected phases